07 ec300 brake pedal question

walker1008

Saturday i purchased a like new 07 ec300. on inspection i found the bolt that goes through the brake pedal and into the frame bracket seemed loose. no biggie. I bought the bike headed home to tighten it up and head to the track. When i tightened the bolt the brake lever started rubbing on the frame protector and the clutch cover. I took it all apart-looked at the parts on gofasters to make sure nothing was missing. All the parts are there, i put it all back together and it rubes still-i can ride it if i leave the nut loose but that bothers me because the little lip on the end of the sleeve that goes through the pedal and should slide into the bracket is not going into the bracket-the bolt threads are. So i want to fix before i ride it again. also the brake side foot peg will not fold back very far-i have been told that is normal? Please help. I love this bike! but this brake pedal issue is giving me fits. I thought about ordering a new sleeve and bolt but if it is the same size as the ones i have i dont see how it is going to fix it. Also the brake pedal is not bent. Thanks, I am sure happy to have found this sight. A lot of good info and there looks to be alot of gasgas owners in my area.

You need this stuff or maybe a new brake pedal even. If you have a machinest buddy make new sleeves, bushings etc to tighten the slop

http://2tracing.it/racing-parts-gas-gas/telaio/kit-revisione-fulcro-pedale-freno/

1260892217perno-leva-freno-p-800x600.jpg

the parts look new that are in there. Do all the 07s have this issue or is it just my bike? i am confused. If i put all new parts i will have the same thing i have now i think. Are the parts in the pic from the link differant from stock? Thanks.

Just got off the phone with Rich. Got the brake sleeve and went ahead and got the headlamp assy and tail light coming also. Thanks for all the help guys! All i need now is a kick stand assy. If anyone wants to sell thers let me know.

Kick stands are like gold.....I have one, don't use it, but will not depart with it.....just in case! Try posting in the "wanted" fourm. Good Luck!

Just got off the phone with Rich. Got the brake sleeve and went ahead and got the headlamp assy and tail light coming also. Thanks for all the help guys! All i need now is a kick stand assy. If anyone wants to sell thers let me know.

Just wondering what the headlight itself cost?
Cheers Mark

About the kickstand...call Go Fasters and ask them about I think it was Trail Tech who was working on a better GG replacement over the stocker. Might be ready for prime time if you're lucky.

Back