62.1 KB · Views: 169
  • DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF0054.jpg
    DSCF0054.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 137
nice bike!

i've always been intrigued by the tm's... i've ridden a 2000ish tm125... what are the fundamental differences handling/power/etc. between the gg 300 and the tm 300???

TM

I've owned both and the TM is much faster, the suspension and motor in my opinion are superior. The GAS GAS is an excellent bike just depends on what your looking for. If your going to trail ride GAS GAS is better if you want to push it the TM responds to an aggressive rider

Was it 2008 that TM substainsially dulled down the engine?? The run an insanely high compression ratio. Take a bit of setup and can be a bit quirky, but don't all bikes. Suspension is meant to be the ducks nuts. I quite like them! But also love the gasser.

2007 was when they toned down but all TM's have high compression . You have to mix 50% Hitest 50% Race gas. The motor is very smooth no hard hits and pulls like a farm tractor at low revs

2007 was when they toned down but all TM's have high compression . You have to mix 50% Hitest 50% Race gas. The motor is very smooth no hard hits and pulls like a farm tractor at low revs

Or just get the squish and head modified to run on pump :) Appears to be a trend with 2 strokes. Its almost up there with setup along with rad guards and bash plate.

Very nice Bike Ray! Hope you find a buyer! I'd almost be interested if I wasn't in Australia!

Very nice looking bike! We have a 2011 TM 250SX and it's a pure beast. We just sent the head and carb to RB and it's so much more ridable; increadble results. So you can have the TM's run on pump gas. Good luck with the sale. Man I'm glad you aren't in VA I might have to snag it myself.

Man I know and I rode my son's 250 again today and now with the RB mods it's sweet!!! I didn't like it before as it didn't like to just be ridden it wanted to run full throttle! How does your 300 run at slow - med speeds? Do the EN's have a FWW? Thanks, John

FWW = Fly wheel weight. How well does your 300 like putt as in following a grandson on his TTR90 through the trails? Our 250 MX hated anything under 1/2 throttle until the RB mods now it's sweet. So tell me about your 300 when you just want to cruise. BTW I know being a TM it has monster power up top so what's it like below it? Thanks, John

It can putt, has a nice low end like a tractor. It has flywheel weight but not sure how much. You would be fine putting

Ray

Back