2008 ec300"R" race report

As far as the rims go, I've been working with about 3 different companies and all have different opinions and thoughts on the GasGas Hub...all have not quite worked yet, but I'm close to a solution and hope to have complete aftermarket wheel sets available in black, red, blue, or silver within 2-3 months for about $725 retail including rotors and sprocket.

The Rad set up was a KTM front hub with a KTM rotor and special spacers. The rear hub was a early 1990's Honda hub with special spacers, honda sprocket and honda rotor from the early 90's as well. It worked ok, but the rear rotor was a 4 bolt rotor and I'm not too fond of that.

$725 for a complete set of wheels with all parts is a pretty good deal. I agree that using GasGas parts is preferable, since the next owner might not be so keen on finding parts for a "Franken-bike". Keep us posted.
By the way, I appreciate it when the importer takes the impetus to find aftermarket part sources for a brand that fill a void that the aftermarket mfgs would not go after.

Ive dealt with Jeff Roberto at east coast wheel, they built a 18 incher for my mc-250 using a ktm exel hoop. I was very happy with their services.

Steve. Re: push. Just curious what rear tire and size are you running on that bike?

Also the forks being up 3/8" and 105mm racing sag seem too much of a forward weight bias and the 7/8" static sag seems stiff.

I followed the instructions on setting sag on the sight (shock spring 10mm compressed) for my 2008 EC and ended up with the forks 2/8" up and 110mm race sag and 30mm static sag and really rails in the corners, never pushes. I have bars on the front triple clamp's holes. BTW I'm 5 11 and weigh 190 lbs.

My clickers are set at : Forks: Compression 17 out Rebound 6 out
Shock: LS compression 19 out HS 1 1/2 out RB 20

What clicker settings does the "R" have?

GG27, similar numbers here as well for sag.

Same weight but a little shorter so I'm on the back TT holes. I have my forks up 3/8" but I might move them down a bit.

I have my clickers almost all the way backed out (Arizona rocks).

Awesome mate,
Just bought my ec300 and was wondering what to set mine at for a starting point.
I am basically same height and weight and had already set everything close to what you have but think I will raise the forks through a little.
Cheers

Back