2011 300 EC E above 9000ft.

I'm headed to Colorado this summer and would like suggestions on how to jet this bike. Thanks

Provide some info mate...

What elevation and temps are you at currently and what jetting specs are you using? Are you happy with it? Do you have room to make adjustment.

Typically you'll be looking to lift the clip 1 position and maybe stepping down a size on the main.

We can speculate all you want but you won't really know until you get there.

Haven't picked the bike up yet, as I said I'll be above 9000ft. and it will probably be from 70-80deg. I 'm just looking for a starting point to get jets ordered.

I'm running a 165 main and a 38 pilot. Needle and clip still in the factory location. I just went with the 38 after the 42 that was in it(stock ?I think). I bought a demo bike and they dropped the main to 165 and the 42. As the snow melts here, I'm going higher and higher in elevation and thought the pilot circuit was a little rich, as the air screw was backed all the way out. Now it is 1.25 turns out. Seems good..ring-a-ding ding and less spooge. Plug was a good color the way I bought it. we'll see now. It might need some fine tuning.

jz

Last edited:
Will depend if you get slugged with a 36mm carb or a 38mm. Will also depend on your squish settings.

Needle N3CH appears to have good results for most on clip 2 or 3.
Pilot 38. Main 175. Adjust from there.

These bikes are all proving quite variable in what they like to run best.

I'm in SW CO, we've been riding around 9k and up to 11k. I have had to lean the bike out a lot to get it running well. I have taken baby steps to get here, but I'm real happy right now.
I just posted my jetting in the jettiing database. I agree there is a lot of variation between bikes. I am quite a bit leaner than most, but I think I am riding a bit higher than most. I'm a bit of a lugger, I spend most of my time riding rocks. Traction is more important than power. Have a nice trip.

At about 5000 - 6000ft, 20Celcius I use for my 2010 EC250:

Stock needle top clip
162main
35 pilot
2 tuns out

im in alberta 2, i run(on a 38mm carb) a 175 main ,40 pilot,jd red needle middle clip and 2 turns out on air screw! and my nambo runs perfect down low to wide open without a hiccup in the mid range!

Back