2011 EC300 Tank

Gasaholic

Anyone out there have a tank to fit 2011 EC300? Stock or after market... need quickly, this is the second tank that split ... factory defect??... I guess I'll be looking at the Betas fed up with no dealer or importer back-up.

I originally talked with Clay the importer who directed me to Gofasters, they knew of a bad batch of tanks . Gofasters sent me a replacement no-charge. Now this tank has split, and no one is stepping up. First tank had small crack on left side about 3inches from bottom... 2nd tank has split at seam on front about 1/2 way up.

I have called Smith's Powersports... got no reply after they said they would look into it. Also called Gofasters , Mark was supposed to get back to me ... five days no reply.

I've got a small crack in the top of my 2010 tank from wearing out the bushing/washer and over tightening it so its cracked a little. Still in solid plastic so no issue.

Very strange that you've had 2 fail in that way. Could consider an aftermarket larger tank but fitment can be a bit bleh around the shrouds, otherwise I'd order from Spain direct. Its always good to support the local dealers, but for items like that they'll likely be ordering it in anyway.

Tank

Thanks All for the feedback... Gofasters and Smith's Powersports came thru... they are sending me a tank... cost plus shipping... faith restored.

Back