2012 and Later airbox

I haven't seen any other bikes with these installed. So since I'm in an ultra dry climate with little water. I decided I would try. I only put the right side on. And it really woke the bike up. Felt like a cork was pulled out of it. The throttle response was so crisp and the bike wanted to pull forever. The cdi was set in rain mode, like always. I didnt even think about trying it in sun setting. Sorry I can't get to technical, I'm not wired that way. But for someone like me to notice a difference, which I usually don't pay to much attention to the small details, but this I did notice.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

what do you do - cut a hole and plug it in the side of the air box?
where did you order it from?

Yep, it's an 1 3/4 hole saw, then just sand the rough edges off and pop it in. It comes with a plug if you decide you do not want the extra ventilation or maybe it's a wet day. I did notice that side of the air filter is covered with more dirt then left side where I did not install it......yet??

I think my 2012 only came with about half of the needed parts. I always wondered what those foam doughnuts were for.

Might explain why the Christini 300 AWD engine was reported to feel stronger by that magazine who's name I will not mention here. The 2012-13 GG airbox must be overly restrictive if a vent makes that noticeable improvement.

The 2012 airbox design was a disaster, remember the original pre-production units that had a cartridge filter? There was some last minute design changes to produce the current unit, which made me wonder if there was ever enough still air volume or adequate intake area to begin with.

How are the Twin Air units constructed?

Would Go Fasters (or Twin Air) have any for sale?

Not sure my 2011 would benefit, bit I could easily do the ol' Yammie WR450 mod that cuts a parallelogram on the side and then hot glues a screen and silk stocking in place.

Take your seat off and ride it to see if it feels better. We tried that on a 2010 300 here in Denver and there wasn't a noticeable increase. We also tried jetting with no seat to make sure we covered all bases: Nothing!

Eric

I haven't seen any other bikes with these installed. So since I'm in an ultra dry climate with little water. I decided I would try. I only put the right side on. And it really woke the bike up. Felt like a cork was pulled out of it. The throttle response was so crisp and the bike wanted to pull forever. The cdi was set in rain mode, like always. I didnt even think about trying it in sun setting. Sorry I can't get to technical, I'm not wired that way. But for someone like me to notice a difference, which I usually don't pay to much attention to the small details, but this I did notice.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever find a place to purchase these?
Now that I inserted my toolbox under my seat I think I will need to get more air to the bike!!

Thanks

Back