2012 Gas Gas EC 300 E-Start Build Thread

Did you add the kicker on that? Or did it come with it?

It came with it.

As for the Linkage Skid Plate I talked with Jim at BRP and he said he is thinking about making them. I'm stopping by tomorrow to get a Enduro Engineering Shark Fin, the Scotts on their site is a mis-print. I plan to see if he wants to make some billet parts for the Gas Gas.

I got the Shark Fin but will post picture maybe tomorrow after I get it installed. However I got a longer screw and installed the rear Tugger strap.

P1080718.JPG

P1080719.JPG

P1080720.JPG

P1080725.JPG

Your bike is looking great.
Sorry about all those previous posts about the "linkage skid plate".
Awesome if BRP is to start making some parts..... They make great products.

As for the Enduro Eng shark fin. It works great and is an easy install.

Quick question in regards to the rear tugger strap. I have considered these in the past but after getting this bike I love that a grip point is actually built in under the rear fender.

Your bike is looking great.
Sorry about all those previous posts about the "linkage skid plate".
Awesome if BRP is to start making some parts..... They make great products.

As for the Enduro Eng shark fin. It works great and is an easy install.

Quick question in regards to the rear tugger strap. I have considered these in the past but after getting this bike I love that a grip point is actually built in under the rear fender.

True it's not needed on the rear due to having the grip part built in. But I figure it this way, if you are a trail rider like me out with people having fun and someone is helping to grab the bike...they will see a strap and know what to grab not knowing that there is a grip spot on the underside of the fender. Plus I did it to have RMAR listed on the bike too.

As for BRP, Jim was not in when I went...I knew I should of called. I'll probably call him tomorrow and talk with him. I let his right hand man know I'd be interested in a Linkage Skid Plate and he said they been talking about it....I also let him know also as Jim knows he can have my bike (I know him enough I trust him, also rode with him before). So we will see....I'll keep you all posted.

Bike looks great.

Problem I see with the finger grip mold under the rear fender, especially in Washington is mud. Lift bike now mud on your gloves, next your grip. Still probably wouldn't add the tuggers unless entering last man standing or something comparable.

I have run that Shark fin on my 11 for 2 seasons racing and riding all types of gnarly terrain. Dings, but still in great shape.

Have fun!

Paul, I'd probably want a service elevator with you guys, not tuggers. Dusty can vouch I do have a knack for making gnar hill climbs on the 300. Squim comes to mind. ;)

I put a Tugger on my YZ125, nothing worse than trying to lift the back end of the bike, grabbing under or near the rear fender and getting a glove full of mud!:eek:

I put a Tugger on my YZ125, nothing worse than trying to lift the back end of the bike, grabbing under or near the rear fender and getting a glove full of mud!:eek:

Common Rick isn't the statement combining a tugger with back of YZ 125 like an oxymoron! :D

HaHa!! :rolleyes:

Not highjack....but I sure like the 125......so much fun to ride...... the 200 is getting a facelift, new grahics, seatcover....ect...ect! No need for a Tugger on this jewel:D

HTML:
What is all this mud you speak of?

Lillipution08.jpg

ParieCity08-1.jpg

The 200 still looks pretty good to me Rick. Especially in all that mud.

dessertgasser300, mud is very similar to all that sand your ridding in but wet, just sayin. ;)

Hey Modett! As a Jeep owner, I'm quite curious about your Jeep forum dirt bike mod. How is the red color match of the Cycra hand guard shields and the Gas Gas body work red? I never went there, thought about the red shields but figured black or white was the safe bet. Looking good. Now get out there and get it muddy.

The 200 still looks pretty good to me Rick. Especially in all that mud.

dessertgasser300, mud is very similar to all that sand your ridding in but wet, just sayin. ;)

Hey Modett! As a Jeep owner, I'm quite curious about your Jeep forum dirt bike mod. How is the red color match of the Cycra hand guard shields and the Gas Gas body work red? I never went there, thought about the red shields but figured black or white was the safe bet. Looking good. Now get out there and get it muddy.

We have a ride planned in NM in Feb. It's been cold here around 10 degrees. No thank you. I'm going out to take some stickers off...I will take pictures but I think the guards are a pretty good red match tot he body work....at least pretty close.

We have a ride planned in NM in Feb. It's been cold here around 10 degrees. No thank you. I'm going out to take some stickers off...I will take pictures but I think the guards are a pretty good red match tot he body work....at least pretty close.

So is the Jeep\Gas Gas mod is the sticker removal ? I have seen on the JK forum people removing the stock Rubi , Sahara etc.. stickers with heat guns.

I'm keeping my stickers I paid for em. :rolleyes:

What did ya break off the white ones that were on it bashing trough the evergreen trees. Now I have to check for a photo of them.

OEM Rear Wheel/Brake Carrier 11.80 oz
Enduro Engineering Shark Fin & Carrier 21.80 oz

Rear OEM 48T Sprocket 10 oz
Rear JT 48T Sprocket 31.75 oz

So I added 31.75 oz or 1.98 Lbs :p

Back