2012 Ride Report

Todd5774 said:
Evidently the 2012's are here in the uk already, shame the nearest dealer is 5hrs away...

The review of the 2012 GG range in UK magazine TBM (renowned for their impartiality and willingness to offend advertisers - sorry no link - they don't publish online) was really positive. I thought it was interesting that they described the 250 F in terms of being a modern day XR 250 (in a good way :D) The 300 F was unexpected - a 250 F with Athena kit and factory warranty. They were also very complimentary about the 250 and 300 two strokers, although no 125 or 200 at the test day because of limited production numbers :( Overall, very positive, and they made a big thing about the improved fit and finish on this year's bikes. Well done Gas Gas !

Clay, I posted your ride review to various fora.

Unfortunately some respondents questioned your objectivity peppering them with the following scandalous adjectives and comments:

1) "Scalawag." (On ThumperTalk)

2) "He bummed two Heinekens and later replaced them with a Keystone Light." (Editor, Enduro Weekly).

2) "Two years and he still hasn't returned my snow shovel." (Neighbor).

3) "Tramp, rogue, cad..." (A scorned female enduro racer on KTMTalk).

3) "He double-dipped his Tostitos in my salsa." (Texas-based enduro competitor).

4) Expletive Deleted. (KDX Rider Forum)

-- It goes downhill from there. -- :eek:

Clay, I posted your ride review to various fora.

Unfortunately some respondents questioned your objectivity peppering them with the following scandalous adjectives and comments:

1) "Scalawag." (On ThumperTalk)

2) "He bummed two Heinekens and later replaced them with a Keystone Light." (Editor, Enduro Weekly).

2) "Two years and he still hasn't returned my snow shovel." (Neighbor).

3) "Tramp, rogue, cad..." (A scorned female enduro racer on KTMTalk).

3) "He double-dipped his Tostitos in my salsa." (Texas-based enduro competitor).

4) Expletive Deleted. (KDX Rider Forum)

-- It goes downhill from there. -- :eek:

LOL!!!! That's funny!
You obviously have too much free time on your hands!

Does my 2010 GG300 have this counterweight? One of the biggest complaints of my bike is the paint shaker motor.

The 2011 and 2010 did not have the counter balanced crank but I thought they were pretty smooth, too. If your's vibrates too much, there could be another issue?

http://www.enduroextreme.com/enduro/article/1520/GAS+GAS+CELEBRATE+2012+MODEL+LAUNCH

1520g.jpg

GAS GAS CELEBRATE 2012 MODEL LAUNCH WITH A PODIUM AT THE BRITISH EXTREME ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP

Gas Gas UK were present in full force at the first round of the British Extreme Enduro Championship at Cowdale Quarry near Buxton over the weekend.

On Saturday the team presented the full range of 2012 trials and enduro models to the public for a day of try-outs. On Sunday the team raced, with invitee Tom Sagar top-placed Gas Gas rider putting in a superb performance for third overall, while Jack Lee took his Gas Gas to first in the experts and GG UK employee Luke Meredith placed 11th overall (4th expert) as he debuted the 2012 EC300. European Junior Enduro Champion Danny McCanney also took part in the extreme races, not something he's practiced in, placing an excellent 7th in the first race before DNFing the second, with what looked like the onset of hypothermia!

John Shirt Junior: This was physically a tough weekend, winter arrived with a vengeance, we had sub-zero temperatures, driving rain and, finally, snow. Credit to the public who turned up to completely book-out the new model try-out rides, despite the conditions. The trials riders were very happy with the new Pros, but we were really pleased with the 100% positive feedback on our new radically-revised EC enduros, these bikes look set to make a big impression on the enduro scene in the new season.

The extreme races on Sunday were excellent, full-marks to Paul Edmondson for finding a great venue and putting on a course that pleased the pros, the club riders and the spectators alike. Sunday's weather made it a real test of endurance, and the quarry's huge banks made for some spectacular climbing and failed climbing!

Tom's podium was like a win as he was beaten only by worldwide extreme legend Graham Jarvis and the new force in extreme, Jonny Walker. Credit to Big Jack, he simply got better and better as the races progressed, far from being worn down, he looked to get stronger! Luke had two good rides as well, he said his objective was not to scratch the new bike and to show it off to public seeing as he spent more time by the tapes talking than riding I?d say he did a fair job on that! And credit to Danny as well. He's no trials rider and this was all new to him, but he got properly stuck in and learnt so much ? this experience is going to pay dividends when he rides the enduro world championship next year.

In all, a great weekend (and a big clean up this morning...)!

The 2011 and 2010 did not have the counter balanced crank but I thought they were pretty smooth, too. If your's vibrates too much, there could be another issue?

I just took apart a 2010 Nambotin and it had a counter weight on it.

I've quadruple checked the mounts and everything else. Short of spending big bucks to have the crank balanced, I just think I'm going to live with it.

Back