2013 300 NEDW and Qstealth

wa_ndro

Hi all

So I had my 2013 300 setup with the N3CJ 3rd clip, 42 and 175. Head machined by TSP in Australia to 1.2mm squish and Cannon RC HP silencer. Always run fresh 98 RON fuel. AS 1.5 out, pig to start cold :( easy as when warm :) Absolute weapon! :D:D

Im riding more technical, slower stuff these days and the bike is tiring me out very quickly due to the hit.

So I have switched back to the Qstealth (cut down 100mm) and a NEDW needle, which by all accounts is more linear.

Does anyone have a similiar setup on a 13 and could recommend a good start point for the clip, main and pilot?

Thanks

Ta mate will try tomorrow

I run an NEDW clip #2 summer, #3 winter with 42 pilot and 175 main, AS 1.25 turn. I have the same silencer and the NEDW smoothed it out quite a bit. House of HP recommend that I go to a 172 main to counter less back pressure with the aftermarket pipe, just haven't had a chance yet.

My bike won't even run with a 172 and HofHP pipe. I had to go all the way to a 180 and it still leans out on long fast up hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around the block for 15mins -feels pretty good.
No hanging idle, instant response - easily lifting the front in 3rd from 1/8th throttle - just fine tuning from here I think

smashed out a quick 30k single track today, mostly on the pipe in 3rd.
Pulled the plug when we had a break and.....YIKES! It was white with a big arse hot spot on it!
So I wound the air screw in a full turn and headed back.
bike felt awesome all day - will pull the plug tomorrow again then drop the clip down 1 notch and go to a 178 main I think.

I was running the same, ran great but everytime I checked the plug I was looking too white, made me too paranoid, I'm now on 45 180, runs good could probably drop the pilot back to a 42

smashed out a quick 30k single track today, mostly on the pipe in 3rd.
Pulled the plug when we had a break and.....YIKES! It was white with a big arse hot spot on it!
So I wound the air screw in a full turn and headed back.
bike felt awesome all day - will pull the plug tomorrow again then drop the clip down 1 notch and go to a 178 main I think.

We are in the cold months now, which I should have factored in. I usually would run the above for 20-35C with humidity and some altitude.

Hi, same bike( even the shortened Q Stealth) same country. I changed from the N3CJ#3, 42/175 1.5 to NECW #3 same jets, rain map. I do slow technical stuff too.Starts easily , will idle all day.extremely linear power.Not even changing it for winter ( except AS in a bit).
I use Shell 95 or 98 and Motul 710 or Amsoil Dominator.

Hi, same bike( even the shortened Q Stealth) same country. I changed from the N3CJ#3, 42/175 1.5 to NECW #3 same jets, rain map. I do slow technical stuff too.Starts easily , will idle all day.extremely linear power.Not even changing it for winter ( except AS in a bit).
I use Shell 95 or 98 and Motul 710 or Amsoil Dominator.

Thx jp - I checked the plug again today and it looked better (still too lean tho), so yep ill drop the clip to pos 3 and bump up the main. I switched from motul to castrol. Have u had the head done too?

It's cooled off up here. I rode some wider faster trails than usually at a cooler than usual temp. Noticed the bike falling a bit flat in the mid range under sustained load. I think I'll be trying NECW#3 next time out.

How/when are you checking the plug?

Just pulling it out mate and looking at colour - I know it's not ideal but it's enough to tell I'm way out when it's dry and white and had a hanging idle

My bike won't even run with a 172 and HofHP pipe. I had to go all the way to a 180 and it still leans out on long fast up hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

went up to a 42P and 182M on the NEDW. Still feels a little lean on the very top, have a 185 and will try that, but it seems like a lot of main for just a silencer change. May try some other needles if the 185 main doesn't work.

TSP head on a 2013 250. 40 NEDW#2 175. Who knows how many hours I've got on this plug. I think I put it in new at 65hrs, now around 105hrs. Just pulled the spark plug after reading this thread, although it really doesn't tell you anything unless if you run sustained load/throttle and then pull the plug and even then it only tells you that particular state.

The flash has made it appear lighter than it is.
P1020199_zpsxd8pzqfk.jpg

When all is said and done I don't really go off the plug as much as how the bike runs. Lean symptoms are lean symptoms. Interesting reading others are going up on the pilot and mains. For me during my last ride I definitely felt like it was a tad flat in the mid. Good response off idle, and great on the pipe, but just lacked some nuts in between; like if you fell off the pipe it didn't just jump back up with more throttle and needed a bit more clutch than normal to come back on song.

Back