2013 EC 250 carb/jetting

Earwinder

Hi

I have a new 2013 EC 250
Came with a Air striker 1 and not AS 2(as per manual!)
Anybody have got the same combo bike and Carb????

Jetting suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Elevation: 1450 meters to 1550 metres
Temp: 10-25 deg cent

Thanks!!!!!

Follow up questions:

Are there quality differences between the AS1(screw cap) and AS2 (flat bolt on) carburetors?
I know the bowl volume and float level differs but it is still 38mm diameter for both carbs

Will the AS1 work better in the 250 than the AS2?
Like in fuel efficiency, engine resonse, etc....
The throttle cable seems more 'cramped' under the fuel tank in the AS1 (screw cap)

The manual's jetting recommendations are for the AS2, so I'm lost if there are separate jetting/needle recommendations for the AS1.:confused:

Thanks guys

I don't think theres much difference between them.The as2 is a later model is all.They do jet differently though.
Don't bother with the manual.The standard jetting is crap.
GMP you can chime in here.
Check out the jetting stickies thread.

The ASII is a shorter body carb with a stronger signal for theoretically better response. In reality, from all accounts here over the last few years, it seems like more of a PIA to get right. The ASI on a 250 is absolutely fine, I'm fact I prefer it. It also fits better in the airboot. It just wants richer jetting specs, fuel economy is excellent on my 250s. The other nice thing is its a lot easier to get the top off for a needle change, but once your set its a pretty stable setup, I only turn the airscrew and swap the pilot seasonally. 250s are also less fussy than 300s anyway, plus you use more of the range and use it faster so any small jetting inaccuracies are not as noticeable as on a 300.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So suggestions for an AS1 would be around an F/G diameter needle. NECx/NEDx (suzuki needles) or N3Ex/N3Cx (Yamaha and KTM needles), or a JD Blue.

Back