2013 question...

When I was in Spain they told me they had a new quality control program with Marzocchi to help with these issues.

They have involved HRG Suspensiones in the process also, Ohlins Spanish importer and a shop with more than given proofs of it's quality work.

Really? I think if you like a real plush fork, you might feel this way comparing the stock 48mm Zoke. The 48s have a much better range of performance and can take a big hit well while still being decent on the small stuff. The simple OC 45mm Zoke cannot match this, its one or the other. Did you do any work to the 48s? They are a lot like a KYB with a HUGE 36mm comp piston, and adjustable ICS preload, nothing else is magic. Also, after a few hours the seals are not tight. On the bench apart mine felt like any other fork. The other thing, judging by mine anyway, is that the factory fill cannot be trusted. Mine were WAY off and I was not getting full cartridge travel. I expect major improvements from minor changes and proper fill/purge, but they were not bad anyway.

My 48er wasn t plush at the beginning of the stroke and also over the rest of the stroke, it felt even hard and harsh. I prefer a fork which is soft and plush in the beginning for roots and small stuff and then more progessiv for the bigger stuff...and my 48er wasn t able to deliver such a performance. I agree with you that there should be a big "tolerance" in the quality of the Zokes. Maybe I was only to stupid to give a good setup to this Fork. My old one 45er worked well other ones of the same MJ of my friends were different. Be that as it may..currently I have no bike with the 48er anymore. All I can say is that the 2012 oehlins RXF is worth every cent you spend for it. It s (for me) the perfect fork for CC riding and hobby Motocross. I never had ride such a perfect Fork out of the Box before.

Would you say then, that the 45s on the standard 2013 are going to be better than the previous years, looking to buy a new 300 for trail riding,

They have involved HRG Suspensiones in the process also, Ohlins Spanish importer and a shop with more than given proofs of it's quality work.

Yes. Good point that I forgot to make. I'm not familiar with HRG but it was explained to me that they will help make improvements and help with quality.

Sorry I can?t give you an answer for it. My experience with the 45er were with the 04 and 05 Modells and thats long long time ago ;).

ok thanks, maybe someone may chime in,
its that here in the uk the 2013 e-start has 45s and the R has 48s But i dont see it listed with e-start

ok thanks, maybe someone may chime in,
its that here in the uk the 2013 e-start has 45s and the R has 48s But i dont see it listed with e-start

Not all countries get the Race with e start. Starting in 2012 we began ordering the bikes in this configuration for the US. We only bring in the Race model. The original e start was put on the Standard model and some importers still order them that way.

Not all countries get the Race with e start. Starting in 2012 we began ordering the bikes in this configuration for the US. We only bring in the Race model. The original e start was put on the Standard model and some importers still order them that way.

Yes i will have to decide whats more important 48s or E-start

I think the quality of the fork hardware is fine. The valving is a little goofy and the assembly/fill is sloppy. GasGas need a QC program overhaul across the board. I get the impression a lot of guys outside the US tend to throw $$ at Ohlins in an attempt to solve a typical valving issue. We just don't do that here as a rule, and tune the OEM fork successfully. This fork is every bit as tunable, likely more, than the highly regarded KYB SSS. Its very new so the knoweledge base is small, and the availability of 8mm ID x 32mm OD shims is lacking, but this will change as more get out there. I think the pro tuners like Steve(twowheels) here will back me up on this.

Clay- Please keep doing it that way. Gives the best of both worlds.:D

Has anybody had a ride on a 2013 250 or 300 yet, they are here in the uk,but no way is there a chance of try before you buy,
I know the 2012 is tried and tested, just hope the new rear links have not upset the top notch handleing,looking to buy real soon.
The battery being attached to the seat, is that better,
With the seat bolt ontop now,is that going to allow water into the seat foam,

Thanks

Has anybody had a ride on a 2013 250 or 300 yet, they are here in the uk,but no way is there a chance of try before you buy,
I know the 2012 is tried and tested, just hope the new rear links have not upset the top notch handleing,looking to buy real soon.
The battery being attached to the seat, is that better,
With the seat bolt ontop now,is that going to allow water into the seat foam,

Thanks

I'm at the warehouse now and we are unloading our first two containers of e start 300s. No chance to ride one yet. The new linkage should not hurt handling at all. Actually should improve it. It is better to have the battery attached to the seat. It's out of the way. The older bikes had the bolt on top with no problems with water.

I'm at the warehouse now and we are unloading our first two containers of e start 300s. No chance to ride one yet. The new linkage should not hurt handling at all. Actually should improve it. It is better to have the battery attached to the seat. It's out of the way. The older bikes had the bolt on top with no problems with water.

Thanks for that clay,going to be new to gasgas.(Hence all the questions)

No not at all. The clutch on both my bikes are AJP and have great feel and modulation. It was my understanding that AJP went out of business?

AJP used to make the hubs for GasGas too if memory serves correct, and the photo bikes have AJP clutch masters even this year.

My money is on Magura.

Just pulled a crate apart to look.....The 2013 models have AJP again. It is my understanding that AJP is back in business with new owners and better quality.

Man that bike looks good!

Back