2013 Sherco 250/300SE 2 Stroke

After most of a season on a CC fork I don't want to go back to open chambers for racing, slower stuff fine. I also don't like to be forced into estart. The integrated design is great but why not provide a kick option along with a block off plate to remove the starter? For harescrambles starts one good kick on a 2stroke is faster than estart every time! Holeshots are my strong point and no kicker would be a disadvantage. Everyone with pumpkins kick them at the start.

As far as DI goes, I'm not afraid of it as long as its implemented in its time, and not before.

After most of a season on a CC fork I don't want to go back to open chambers for racing, slower stuff fine... For harescrambles starts one good kick on a 2stroke is faster than estart every time! Holeshots are my strong point and no kicker would be a disadvantage.

What he said. I holeshot 95% of my harescrambles races with both kicker and estart bikes by pushing the aluminum lever and dropping the clutch at the same time.

Still, you need to separate out technology from application, feature from benefit.

If Sherco implements estart correctly it will stand in contrast to KTMs application of the same technology. I wouldn't take an estart only pumpkin into the woods unless I was prepared to leave it there and walk out.

:confused:

394152_241496592593124_1791343046_n.jpg

402037_241501639259286_1674958156_n.jpg

Crap me!! That's not a good advert for sherco, anybody know what could have caused such a catastrophic failure? Casting issues?

Are these pictures of different bikes too?

Stabek was one of these your bike?

Two different engines, for sure. Hydraulic lock due to submersion? People can do weird things to machines.

Looking at the exhausts and the low fenders these are trials bikes too arnt they? So no real need to post them in a thread about the new enduro models....

I can show you 2 pics of Husky 125s doing the exact same thing that came from my shop. 1 of them was owned by a member on this forum.

Sh-t happens.

Who knows what happened, once you place human factors in the equation anything is possible, in addition to mechanical flaws. Its only a picture. Maybe the guy was adding Nitro for a hill climb or something.:eek:

One of the motors Scotty mentioned was my daughters. 2 heat cycles and 3/4 of an easy lap. The bore for the upper rod bearing broke in half. Then the rod must have caught the bottom of the piston and drove it threw the head. Then it grabbed the bottom of the cylinder and broke it off. The cylinder broke off just above the base. It was a depressing moment for sure. Husky sent a new motor though. That bike is still going strong. It was an 08. We have a 2011 150 now and it is a pretty solid ride too.
i-j3rp3Pf-L.jpg

Back