2014 Beta 300RR Weight 237 Lbs Plus Fuel

Moto7man

Dirt Bike Magazine just tested the 2014 Beta 300RR. They liked it except the suspension was soft. It weighed 237 pounds without fuel. With the 2.5 gallon tank full, the actual ride weight would be 252 pounds. :eek: So, its not the feather that everyone claimed it was. So the gassers only weigh about 8 pounds more.

In this issue there was a lot of Beta coverage of new models, I guess Beta gets a little extra attention bc of their full page ads in the mag.

Dirt Bike Magazine just tested the 2014 Beta 300RR. It weighed 237 pounds without fuel. With the 2.5 gallon tank full, the actual ride weight would be 252 pounds. So the gassers only weigh about 8 pounds more.

Dirt Rider weighed the 2013 GasGas 300E full of fuel at 274 lbs iirc. In most places 274-252 = 22 lbs ;)

I do get hung up on weight because if I drop my Gas Gas a couple of times in a race or a ride it really tires me out because I don't have the upper body strength you guys do (female rider here). That being said, I'm not going to sell my bike and go get a Beta because of the weight difference because the Gas Gas has many admirable qualities. :) My husband has a '13 Husaberg 300 that is significantly lighter than my XC300 and I hate riding his bike. lol. I do wish there were more Betas around to actually swing a leg over and try...would be fun.

All I'm saying in the grand scheme of things is that 15 pounds that everyone would make a big deal over I don't feel is being portrayed in the right way. I too have in my riding crew a 2013 ktm 300, husaberg 250, ktm 200 gasgas 200 and my Nambo 300. When we lye them all down and you pick them up(regardless of what the scale says) if you had a blind fold on you'd be really hard pressed to guess which bike was which. We are not talking about lifting the weight over your head but lifting it on a center point(the wheels) off the ground. Coming from guys that hate gassers and myself(that loves them) they comment the same that it is very hard to feel that few extra pounds and I'm not a brand loyal guy just trying to be a realist

A good friend of mine just got a new Beta a few weeks ago. It's a really nice bike and the motor is frigging beautiful. Very light feeling compared to my GasGas, both riding it and picking it up. But it has this big hole in the side of it that digs into your leg above your boot. No thanks. Just Ordered a new Sherco 250 2t. Test rode the 300 4t. Also a very light bike. That was a very nice riding 4t enduro bike. Felt like you were riding a 125 with way more power.

I will likely never know if I should have waited on the Sherco 2t. Fortunately I love my Beta. After 2011 GG just went the wrong way, for me anyway. Still the best forum out here, but the Beta and Sherco site are picking up steam.

I will likely never know if I should have waited on the Sherco 2t. Fortunately I love my Beta. After 2011 GG just went the wrong way, for me anyway. Still the best forum out here, but the Beta and Sherco site are picking up steam.

I can see a new generation of GasGas riders brewing. Guys like yourself that liked the old chassis and guys that like the new chassis. After riding the new chassis I can't get along with the older style any longer. But, great thing about it is there are other options that fit just as well if not better for some.

(was that politically neutral enough not to ruffle feathers?) LOL :D

I can see a new generation of GasGas riders brewing. Guys like yourself that liked the old chassis and guys that like the new chassis. After riding the new chassis I can't get along with the older style any longer. But, great thing about it is there are other options that fit just as well if not better for some.

(was that politically neutral enough not to ruffle feathers?) LOL :D

that comment is absolutely outrageous, how dare you!;)

Dirt Rider weighed the 2013 GasGas 300E full of fuel at 274 lbs iirc. In most places 274-252 = 22 lbs ;)

Your math is confusing. 274 with gas would be 259 without gas right? 15lbs of fuel with full tank?

Beta is 237 empty tank, so add 15 lbs for fuel, and you get 252 with a equally full tank.

So that is approx 7-8 lbs difference both full of fuel.

Am I off base here?

Your math is confusing. 274 with gas would be 259 without gas right? 15lbs of fuel with full tank?

Beta is 237 empty tank, so add 15 lbs for fuel, and you get 252 with a equally full tank.

So that is approx 7-8 lbs difference both full of fuel.

Am I off base here?

Yes, and hopefully I can help explain. The Beta I weighed was 231 pounds - Dirt Bike said 238 though, so lets go with that. The 2013 Beta had a 2 gallon tank, so if fuel is roughly 7 pounds per gallon, you add 14 to 238 and get 252 fully fuelled.

The GasGas is blessed with a 2.5 gallon tank, so it carries and extra 3.5 pounds of fuel when full. However, the quoted fully fueled weight was 274 pounds. The difference is 274-252 using conservative numbers ... 22 pounds.

One way or the other, if you love your bike - be it blue, white, red, yellow or green - just ride it :)

I was simply trying to answer objectively the question of how much a Beta weighs relative to a GasGas. Some people have a hard time believing it - that's not something I'm all that concerned with.

Back