2014 Beta 300RR Weight 237 Lbs Plus Fuel

When i weigh myself, I get 190. When my wife weighs me she gets 218. Commie dirt bike magazine bitch.

Yes, and hopefully I can help explain. The Beta I weighed was 231 pounds - Dirt Bike said 238 though, so lets go with that. The 2013 Beta had a 2 gallon tank, so if fuel is roughly 7 pounds per gallon, you add 14 to 238 and get 252 fully fuelled.

The GasGas is blessed with a 2.5 gallon tank, so it carries and extra 3.5 pounds of fuel when full. However, the quoted fully fueled weight was 274 pounds. The difference is 274-252 using conservative numbers ... 22 pounds.

One way or the other, if you love your bike - be it blue, white, red, yellow or green - just ride it :)

I was simply trying to answer objectively the question of how much a Beta weighs relative to a GasGas. Some people have a hard time believing it - that's not something I'm all that concerned with.

I see my mistake with my own math. So it is 20-22 lbs difference. Obviously I haven't paid any attention to the Beta. I was never interested in it and I don't read bike mags. Sorry if some of you don't like my belated questions.

I don't have a hard time believing it, since I don't depend on others. I busted out the scales and weighed mine myself. I know exactly what my bikes weigh.

Last edited:
Yes, and hopefully I can help explain. The Beta I weighed was 231 pounds - Dirt Bike said 238 though, so lets go with that. The 2013 Beta had a 2 gallon tank, so if fuel is roughly 7 pounds per gallon, you add 14 to 238 and get 252 fully fuelled.

The GasGas is blessed with a 2.5 gallon tank, so it carries and extra 3.5 pounds of fuel when full. However, the quoted fully fueled weight was 274 pounds. The difference is 274-252 using conservative numbers ... 22 pounds.

One way or the other, if you love your bike - be it blue, white, red, yellow or green - just ride it :)

I was simply trying to answer objectively the question of how much a Beta weighs relative to a GasGas. Some people have a hard time believing it - that's not something I'm all that concerned with.

IMHO, I will agree that this is getting silly but we have made some progress the Beta is 252 pounds fully fueled. But there is a problem.

First, the Beta has a 2.5 gallon tank not a 2 gallon tank. If you don't believe me here is the link to the Beta brochure and the Dirt bike Mag test says the same thing.

http://www.americanbeta.com/sites/default/files/pdf/SMALL.12pager2014.pdf

Secondly, the 274 pounds that you are using is a number from the DirtRider Test or your scale is wrong. This is just a friendly dicussion and I don't want to make anyone mad. On the 2014s, GasGas has most probably cut weight like Beta has done the last two years. So, the 2014 GasGas should be closer to the Beta.

IMHO, I will agree that this is getting silly but we have made some progress the Beta is 252 pounds fully fueled. But there is a problem.

First, the Beta has a 2.5 gallon tank not a 2 gallon tank. If you don't believe me here is the link to the Beta brochure and the Dirt bike Mag test says the same thing.

http://www.americanbeta.com/sites/default/files/pdf/SMALL.12pager2014.pdf

Secondly, the 274 pounds that you are using is a number from the DirtRider Test or your scale is wrong. This is just a friendly dicussion and I don't want to make anyone mad. On the 2014s, GasGas has most probably cut weight like Beta has done the last two years. So, the 2014 GasGas should be closer to the Beta.

If it makes you sleep better at night, dream of a 225 pound GasGas and tell yourself the Beta weighs 300 even. :D

All I'm saying in the grand scheme of things is that 15 pounds that everyone would make a big deal over I don't feel is being portrayed in the right way. I too have in my riding crew a 2013 ktm 300, husaberg 250, ktm 200 gasgas 200 and my Nambo 300. When we lye them all down and you pick them up(regardless of what the scale says) if you had a blind fold on you'd be really hard pressed to guess which bike was which. We are not talking about lifting the weight over your head but lifting it on a center point(the wheels) off the ground. Coming from guys that hate gassers and myself(that loves them) they comment the same that it is very hard to feel that few extra pounds and I'm not a brand loyal guy just trying to be a realist

Quoted for truth.

The rest of the back and forward is getting a bit old. We know we ride the porky 2 stroke brand. We know the 2014 models offer some weight savings, that will make some happy... it will make most happy. In comparison to other brands who knows where it will end up. Until you get multiple bikes weighed on the same calibrated set of scales its all a bit like comparing peckers. I think its about time everyone got out and went for a ride! (is the snow coming?)

Quoted for truth.

The rest of the back and forward is getting a bit old. We know we ride the porky 2 stroke brand. We know the 2014 models offer some weight savings, that will make some happy... it will make most happy. In comparison to other brands who knows where it will end up. Until you get multiple bikes weighed on the same calibrated set of scales its all a bit like comparing peckers. I think its about time everyone got out and went for a ride! (is the snow coming?)

Snows here with a vengeance jake, bloody estart is holding me up along with 2 busy boys and a crabby wife !

One thing is for certain and I don't care what anyone says. 22 pounds when pushing a bike hard will be felt! There is no reason a late model two stroke should weigh as much as the current generation Gasser. The old 11 and prior platform was lighter! That being said handling and ergos wise I prefer the 12 and up platform. Yes great components and a nice engine for sure. But I found myself (a fast A rider) getting tiing the bike down and picking it up and blowing corners. It's not that the brakes are not as good as Italian Husqvarna Brembos it is the fact that they are trying to bring a boat to a stop! Now pull the estart off the Beta and you have a pretty light bike! Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the bike and it's handling at trailrider speed. At high speed I also felt the front end strangeness the magazine's talked about. Even after adjusting fork height. I did not feel this with the 11 and prior chassis. A husky 150 just plain outhandles the Gasser at least at high speed. The weight of the Gasser may have helped in one way. The bike did track well. The airbox design is also choking off the engine as well and this is a fact. With all these negatives being said you may think I did not like my 12 300 but the truth is I did! Just not at race pace!!! I'm ready to jump ship once again! Clay give me a deal on a Sherco two stroke or anyone know of any demo or used Beta's out there! I think Gas gas will get better and better and they will have a four stroke engine soon! But back to the point 22 pounds is wayyyyyyyy to much!!!!!!

We've got a 13 250RR (my demo/development bike) and a pair of 2014 Racing Editions (one 250, one 300) available.

PlusOnePerformance

weighed my new 2014 KTM XC300 as soon as i got it home ,no fuel 229LBS as claimed !! and it makes a big difference on a hot day doing a 60+ enduro

Back