2014 Betas

They look great, and the rumor is they will come with a 9.5L tank in 2014.

Not a rumor. The white tank on the 2Ts is 9.5 liters. New front fender (also red), graphics that harken back to the older 4Ts, a black-topped red seat cover, fork upgrades, and a rear spring capable of supporting the weight of a real human top the list of updates.

I know everyone is all wound up about the new Beta 300R, but has anyone noticed the very exposed lower shock mount? How did they managed to get that out on what all praises as a superior enduro bike?
Beta-rr-2014-2.jpg

It looks like the radiator shrouds have the biggest hole right in the middle where your knee would slide. Seems like you would be constantly banging your knee into the shroud? I'm just sensitive to this becasue I wear our every pair of riding pants on the inside of my knee. Back in the day I would always wear hot spots on my knees until the manufactured started maiking a nice sliding area for your knee where you moved forward on the bike.

Radiator shroud openings have not been a problem, but I do get the inside of my right knee rubbed by the front of the sidepanel that sits behind the shock. I think the panel from a 4T Beta would fit and eliminate the problem as those units are longer and extend over the top of the shock.

There's a different mounting system for the sidepanel so it's not a direct bolt-on.

I agree it's annoying when standing and gripping, but not a problem when seated.

PlusOnePerformance

There's a different mounting system for the sidepanel so it's not a direct bolt-on.

I agree it's annoying when standing and gripping, but not a problem when seated.

PlusOnePerformance

Steve.....
Are you telling me that when you ride trails you sit on the seat....???? :D:D

Back