2018 EC300GP Gas Pig and CRAP Mileage

What is the factory spec on them? They're still using the Keihin PWK carb, right? Anyway, I know I've had problems in the past with PWK float heights. I normally run them at 18mm to eliminate losing fuel on the trail or while on the kickstand.

So by factory spec, I mean to Kehein spec. I feel like I'm opening myself up for some trolling with this explanation... but here I go :D. I pulled carb off, took off bowl to access float, turn carb horizontal, pick up end of the carb with float side up at a 30-45 degree angle , ensure when float closes, the line on bowl is in alignment to edge of where float bowl attaches. I blow into the fuel hose to find where it's fully closed.

I just took mine BACK apart and dropped the height 2mm lower, which brought the line on the float a hair lower to the edge of carb at close.

I bought a RK TEK head and dropped float height by 2mm. I'm now getting 45-50 miles to a tank of gas (this includes reserve) on tight single track with a lot of on off the throttle. The head has nearly solved my spooge and inconsistent jetting. I only get slight spooge when lugging for long periods of time.

I have a longer write up on thumpertalk detailing the journey of sorting out all my new bike challenges. It's getting close to being race ready.

Back