2022 MR Pro 300

SS109

My buddy recently purchased a left over 2022 MR Pro 300 from Screwie Lewie's in Phoenix, AZ. Got this awesome machine for only $10,200 OTD.

My buddy was nice in that he let me get a full ride on his new bike and he hasn't even done that yet! I loved everything about this bike other than the Renthal twin wall handlebars and the one weird instance of the throttle sticking wide open one time. It was the only time on this ride that I went 100% full throttle. It scared the hell out of me for a second but luckily I handled it and didn't end up crashing. I think I caught it on video as well.

Anyone have, or have heard of anyone, having problems with the throttle cable on the '18+ bikes? I couldn't get the desired free play on the throttle even after adjusting both adjusters fully in. It seems the cable is just a tad too short, IMO, and maybe that pulled the slide up so far that it hung up just a bit.

Here I am installing the new Motion Pro throttle cable. One note that I forgot to include in the video is that I couldn't find a stiffer return spring in time to get it back to my buddy. So, I added a 1/8" spacer at the top of the spring to increase the preload on it. Seems to have helped with the feel of it. Hoping both the cable and increased preload correct the issue.

I had the same problem on my 22 Ranger 300 except mine hung wide open on the stand next to my truck. I was able to yank the cable really hard and it stopped. I rerouted my cable and never had another problem. I think my cable was misrouted at the factory. Kinda bizarre.

Back