6MM Adjustible Front Axle

Moto7man

No affiliation, I just saw this on a link from KTM Talk, does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.e-axle.com//detailpage.asp?ID=15490&Category=About~the~e-axle

15488_zps24052c02.jpg

The last info i had, because I did try and contact them, they were not making them any longer. A buddy has one for his 09 KTM and likes it!
Maybe they started up again!

Rob

I had one on an '02 KTM 520. It worked exceptionally well. The older KTM's really benefited from increased trail and the e-axle was easier and cheaper than upgrading the T-clamps.
I'm not really sure how well it would work on a Gasser seeing as they steer quick and still feel sure-footed. I suppose if a rider was raging in deep sand one day and working on his trials skills the next it would be worth it.

An ideal use would be be to get the off-set correct and dial in the handling in the event of a fork swap to Japanese forks.

The axel is eccentric. You can change trail by about 5mm: +/- 2.5mm.
It simply moves the wheel fore and aft to where you set it. It is a great product that is well designed and works exactly as expected.
Easy and quick changes in trail when you need it. Or set it and forget it to a number that gives you the handling that the stock T-Clamps don't.

Edit: It was invented by a gent that is active over at KTMTalk. Rekluse sold it for a while but they discontinued it. Looks like another manufacturer is taking it on.

Back