A few ?'s- sorting new bike

What you likely have there is a spot of assembly lube from the factory, that dirt is sticking to. When the engine gets hot it flows out a little. My '12 was the same.

leak

What you likely have there is a spot of assembly lube from the factory, that dirt is sticking to. When the engine gets hot it flows out a little. My '12 was the same.

I was thinking the same, wasn't sure exactly what caused it. But that it was from being new ,and now it got hot and thinned out.

new bike

Well my bike is definately no longer new. Put another 4.7 hrs and 90+ miles this weekend. Running good-Although i have not checked the plug yet.
Luckily no major issues with rocks as i have not installed my skidplate,but i am working that out.
I figure now i will measure, set sag. Hopefully the springs will be ok for my weight. My Emperor racing rad. frames should be here tomorrow.

NOW for the Issue that appeared: Gas Tank is leaking! When i brought the bike home the front tank mount was not tight, and when i started to tighten it I could see/feel that it was squeezing the tank material. I checked and it did have a washer/spacer setup , but it still seemed like trouble.
Well after about 70 miles this weekend i looked down and could see the gas all over front of tank, so i stopped to look. Gas was covering underside of tank,on cylinder,head,etc :eek:

Gas cap was tight-although after reading about issues with cap sealing. I could see a deformed marking at the neck on mine. But it wasn't leaking yet. So not sure what do do , I threw dirt all over to soak up gas, and hopefully prevent it from going up in flames.

As i started to ride , i could see wetness appear in the dirt at the front edge of tank. Oh Well, I just hope i don't have an issue with getting it warranteed.

Back