Aftermarket Shift Levers

Hammerhead Designs: Tired of empty promises

Got tired of hearing the same lame message from the guys at Hammerhead Designs... so I went ahead and bought an XFUN shift lever from trialendurodirect.com across the pond...

Cost about $75 with shipping to the U.S... last time I checked with offroadchampions.com, they wanted about the same or a little more...

Just got it in the mail yesterday... planning on riding up at Crossbar Ranch in OK this weekend so I'll report back on fit and performance next week.

Man, I hope it becomes a reality. Moose hard parts are usually good quality at a great value. When these become available they are gonna sell a bunch.

Roscoe

Man, I hope it becomes a reality. Moose hard parts are usually good quality at a great value. When these become available they are gonna sell a bunch.

Roscoe

Which is exactly why I can't understand why Hammerhead is dragging it's heals.

I can't wait to replace my shifter. It's too short and it's too high when I set it so I can get my boot under it. The second problem is the tip sucks and is a slick as hell.

Don't get too excited, this is the reply I received from Moose:

Sorry Ed,
We are actually discontinuing all of our forged aluminum shifters.
There is nothing wrong with them....we just had an issue with the
manufacturer and could no longer work out a deal to sell them.
It is unfortunate, but that is the way it goes sometimes...
Would you be interested in one of our Steel Folding shift levers for
your GG?

I say YES, give me an all steel shifter! Forget Hammerhead. Aluminum shifters will always be a high wear consumable if you ride in mud/sand. They get sloppy in less than a season. My brother has an '02 Husky with the original steel shifter thats still decent.

Yes, I would buy one in a minute. They are tough, and durable shifters.

You can bend the aluminum, just heat it good first and after. MAPP torch works best.

I watched PePe bend one at the enduro cross a couple years ago with no heat. He had no qualms about doing it. i've bent em riding and havent broke one yet.

Yes, I would buy one in a minute. They are tough, and durable shifters.

I replied to Moose Cust. Serv. to let them know there is interest in a steel shifter. I suggested that it be a little longer than stock for the 200/250/300's

X-FUN Shifter

got one day of riding in with my new x-fun aluminum shifter... works great... it is much longer than standard with a better tip and it sticks out to the left further making it easier to find with my size 12s... the blue anodizing looks great too, but i'm sure that won't last very long...

your loss hammerhead!... you guys sure live up to your name!!... :rolleyes:

Here is a pick from the website:

XFUN%20GEAR%20LEVER%20RED.jpg

Emgo now offers a shift lever for the gassers. My local dealer has one on his 07 ec250 and it looks suspiciously like the x-fun lever but a lot cheaper, about $25 Can. A quick check of the website doesn't show a part number but it doesn't appear to be up to date either. I won't be talking to him soon as I'm headed waaaaaaay north to work but I'll do a follow up when I'm back.

Back