ATK lost its mind

ATK450 SM -0- hours

I have one to sell , and it's street legal. With MSO.Shorai battery,Vapor,Continental tires,Polisport,Amsoil 0W40,etc.
The white fork guards are now installed, but were not at the time of photos ...

The local HD dealer was given the opportunity to buy some of the "ATKs" before I was. :mad: but I don't know if they're selling them,or not.They are trying to sell them in another pre-owned bike sales buisiness the guy owns.The pics I saw in the ad, show the bikes without "ATK"logo stickers on the tank. The craigslist ads they've placed in the DC area, compares them to EX250s.Which they don't actually ...
As for the earlier Rotax powered bikes(pre '04 models), the motors were not feasible to purchase any longer(exchange rate?), and /or there could've been industry politics also playing a part in Mr.White's decisions.
There was a 400+cc 4t motor on display @Indy in the Hyosung booth 4 years ago, that one would assume could be made available as a replacement for the spot Rotax motors vacated ? Put FI on that, get it DOT certed,stick it in an aluminum American designed frame(Cannondale style?) and sell DS,and supermoto bikes out the wazoo ! What a great idea to have during the age of Obamanomics ! PFFFT !

Attachments

• ATK450SM resized.JPG
    ATK450SM resized.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 39
  • ATK450SM II resized.JPG
    ATK450SM II resized.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
That thing would be major fun! Mine was a smooth, deceptively fast, wheelie machine!

Did you know that they were so smooth, Cannondale actually mapped a "hole" in the fuel mass/timing matrix to force a hit so the bike did not feel slow?

They also make great ice race bikes from what I hear.

Back