Autoclutch on the 200?

blanc

Hi All

Who runs an auto clutch on the 200? I have been offered a used Rekluse Pro, but was going to buy the Revloc Dyna Ring new.

I know the autos work, Im just not convinced on the 200s. Any suggestions from owners of the 200s with or without an auto?

They work fine on Husky 125 and 144's. I run one on my Husky 144. KTM 200's too. I'd think one would be a treat on a Gas Gas 200.

I run an EFM on my wr144 and have a recluse on my GasGas 200,shouldnt be legal to run them in competition!!

As far as I know, Rekluse doesn't offer the z-start pro for a Gas Gas. Your options are the original z-start or the EXP. I have ridden a 200 with both and the EXP is easily the better option for racing or aggressive riding. The z-start works great for trail riding or for less aggressive riders. I raced the 200 with the z-start and it just didn't have enough power for me(180 lbs.) without being able to use the clutch like on the EXP. Much more ridable and race-able for me with the EXP.

I think I should just buy the Dyna Ring new looking at the feedback from 200 racers

where is the feedback you saw? i'm interested in the dyna ring, i had a rekluse on my 200, but never got it where i wanted it. with full clutch ability the dyna ring should be a homerun, but i'm still concerned about the hydraulic preload on the master cylinder...

where is the feedback you saw? i'm interested in the dyna ring, i had a rekluse on my 200, but never got it where i wanted it. with full clutch ability the dyna ring should be a homerun, but i'm still concerned about the hydraulic preload on the master cylinder...

The Rekluse EXP is the "homerun" you are looking for, I'm just not a 200 rider. The EXP works awesome. Instant response off idle and still have full clutch use. Rekluse also has excellent technical support.

The Rekluse EXP is the "homerun" you are looking for, I'm just not a 200 rider. The EXP works awesome. Instant response off idle and still have full clutch use. Rekluse also has excellent technical support.
hah, unfortunately i'm not willing to put $900 :eek: into a clutch.

I have some friends who are using the Dynaring in their KTMs and they work very well. I have the EXP in my 2011 300 because it was on the bike when I got it.

If you want a Rekluse pm me and I will give you info on where you can get one for a nice discount. I also think you will be happy with the Dyna ring.

I have some friends who are using the Dynaring in their KTMs and they work very well.
does the only time the master cylinder pressure screw need to be adjusted is when you want to bump start? you loosen/tighten the knob to change engagement point right (in combination with the springs in the clutch)
so clutch works normally all the time, but at idle in any gear it feels like you are neutral correct?

Yes, you use the adjuster to set the gap the way you like it. If you need to bumpstart (not needed on a 2stroke) you can adjust it when needed. If you run a lhrb like me you do not need the adjuster at all. Revloc will supply shims or whatever to set the gap.

You can use the lhrb with the Dyna Ring. You should specify when ordering that you will be using a lhrb so they can give you the parts needed to eliminate the adjuster knob. I think they come in the kits now but I am not sure.

You can call Revloc and talk to Allen, he is very helpful. I used my stock master cylinder for the clutch for the lhrb. The mc is an AJP unit which is the same as Rekluse sells for lhrb kits. It says mineral oil only but I have not had any problems in the past with seals. If the seals do go bad you can get a kit to change the seals out for ones that are rated for dot4.

I have no personal experience with the Dyna Ring, but 4 of my buddies have them and 3 have taken them out of their bikes and have them for sale. Unfortunately, they are for KTMs and Huskys.

All those guys wish they ponied up for the EXP the first time around.

Back