Before and after

gasgasmick

Just picked up a 2011 EC300 but I don't think the previous owner had ever heard of the word maintenance :)
Bike only had 2800kms/68hrs and had a new piston and rings done at 35 hrs for good measure but I like to always do my own rebuild for peace of mind.

So, new wosner piston and rings, top and bottom steering head bearings, greased all swing arm and lingakes, new fork seals and revalve on forks and rear shock, new chain and sprocket ( there was a 14 tooth on the front and the chain was eating into the hydraulic clutch case !! ) new front and rear pads, new air filter, new brp submount and scott dampener, new chain slider, new jd jetting kit, new brp chain guard, taller seat foam/guts seat cover and new plastics to top it off. I have some custom pg graphix to install to. Here is a sneak preview of everything new :)

Attachments

• gas gas 1.jpg
    gas gas 1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 166
  • gas gas .jpg
    gas gas .jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 181
Holy carp - that's a bunch of stuff to do right off the bat :cool:

Did the original owner do a piston at 35 hours? If so, what went horribly wrong that he needed to do that so early on?

You'll have to post a shot when you get a chance to get the graphics on, bet she'll look even better.

hey liv2day, the original owner just put it in for "preventative" maintenance because it was just there as a spare, i bought the bike off the second owner who didn't own a spanner! I have that original piston and there is nothing wrong with it, nor was there anything wrong with the piston I just replaced but seeing as though I wasn't sure of the condition I just replaced it as its cheap insurance.
The bore still has all the cross hatching and no wear marks etc?so it should after two fresh pistons in 70 hrs :)

I just replaced the piston as its cheap insurance.
The bore still has all the cross hatching and no wear marks etc?so it should after two fresh pistons in 70 hrs :)
I tore my 11 model 250 down last night for its' first top end and the bore still has all the cross hatching at 200 hours. I run Amsoil Saber at 75/1 and I'm very happy with how everything looks.

Back