Couldn't Help Myself! Another Gasser

firffighter

I sold my nicely equipped KTM 200 deciding I was ready to get another Gasgas. I needed used and I have a fairly limited budget. Its tough finding them locally here in the NW.

I was scrolling through some old posts and saw this old ad in the archive for sale section. http://gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13110&highlight=ec200

It was post from 2012, so I thought it was a shot in the dark and 3 hrs. away. I gave the dealer a call and low and behold the owner still had it! It was his dad's bike since new and looked clean and loaded. I decided it was worth the drive and loaded up and headed down. Great guy and truly was a low hour loaded bike.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...7E/AAAAAAAAAJM/WpEzZ_psIpc/w198-h137-p/Gasser

Guess I'm a Gasgas addict! We already have a '99 EC200 that is my sons and this is my 4th one, including an '06 DE300 (now Farmer J's), and a '03 EC250 (now Bowhunter's).

Can't wait to get her out for maiden voyage. Should be a great NW woods bike! Gonna take her to the Shelton Valley Enduro this next weekend.

More pics and a ride report will be up soon. I will be adding a Dunlop 803 trials tire and Protaper Windham bars this week and she should be ready to go!

Ohlins forks - not too many with ohlins forks in '03... Nice...

Looks like LTR power valve cover & CRD frame guards, maybe CRD skid plate too...

jeff

Yes, it has the CRD frame guards and skid plate and LTR powervalve cover. It has rad guards and pipe guard, Acerbris bark busters and GUTS seat. Brand new Maxxis IT tires as well, but the rear is getting a trials tire. VERY clean low hour bike. Definitely worth the long shot and long drive.

Pretty stoked about the find and cant wait to ride her this week!

Did any of the EC200's come with Ohlins forks back then?

Back in '01 the ohlins forks only came on a "loaded" SE model. In '02 and '03 the forks could be added individually as an option - from memory - I think it was about $1000 extra...

jeff

Such an awesome find Russ :cool:

I can't wait to actually get out on the trails and ride with you one of these days...lol.

Good luck at the enduro this weekend; I bet she shines :D

I'm assuming you'll have a nice set of pictures and ride report to post after the weekend...yes ;)

Congrats to this very nice bike!!!! Cool that my buddy still had it.
I told you guys that's a sweet ride, but 2 years not sold......
If it wasn't in the us I would have bought it directly. The bike it really clean and nothing wrong with it, hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was shocked it was still there. It is so clean! Plus Neider is a great guy.

I went through it yesterday and it is very clean. Took carb apart and it was a bit gummy. It looks like the LT jetting and looks like it had RB head mod to!

Cleaned carb, put fresh fuel in and she fired up 2nd kick. Runs incredibly clean and crisp.

Can't wait to take it out this weekend!

I saw that bike when I went to visit family in grants pass. about 2 yrs ago.... It was in very nice shape and just figured that bike would sell fast. Nice 200.

That's great, Russ! Glad you found 'er! Now to get you and liv2day to take me out for a ride...

Jeff

Ha. Brad and I just talked about a Gasgas meet n greet at McCubbins. I think with the oregon and SW Washington folks we could have a pretty decent turnout.

Hope the ec300 is treating you well.

Back