Do-Overs !!! I sold my Gasser. :(

Googling ? The GG site is of little help

Trying to find the specific differences between the XC, EC, and GP.

EC-XC

1) XC has abbreviated wiring harness and no lights
2) XC has FMF expansion chamber; EC has Gas Gas "stock" expansion chamber
3) Suspension settings; Not sure about this, I had read that the settings may differ, but heard from riders that have ridden both, that they do not differ much, if at all
4) Ignition; again not sure about this, as I have read differing accounts on whether they share the same ignition, or not
5) XC has Renthal 997 handlebars

GP

1) Same wiring loom as EC with lights
2) DLC coating on inner fork tubes
3) X-trig triple clamps
4) Rekluse clutch cover
5) Complete FMF exhaust
6) New cylinder head/combustion chamber
7) Floating front rotor
8) Quick release front axle
9) Gripper seat cover
10) Renthal 997 handlebar

EC-XC

1) XC has abbreviated wiring harness and no lights
2) XC has FMF expansion chamber; EC has Gas Gas "stock" expansion chamber
3) Suspension settings; Not sure about this, I had read that the settings may differ, but heard from riders that have ridden both, that they do not differ much, if at all
4) Ignition; again not sure about this, as I have read differing accounts on whether they share the same ignition, or not
5) XC has Renthal 997 handlebars

GP

1) Same wiring loom as EC with lights
2) DLC coating on inner fork tubes
3) X-trig triple clamps
4) Rekluse clutch cover
5) Complete FMF exhaust
6) New cylinder head/combustion chamber
7) Floating front rotor
8) Quick release front axle
9) Gripper seat cover
10) Renthal 997 handlebar

Hey Jacob, I see you're in the Valley too. How are you liking that 2018 out here? Have you made any changes to the bike beside guards? Suspension? Thanks!

I just bumped my springs up one size from .42's to .44 and from5.2 to a 5.4. Got me a gpr stablizer and some EE hand guards. That's about all I'm doing to it for now. I'll post a pic or two when I get it back together. Thanks to Motocenter in Mesa, they had all the parts in stock!

Here is the Aussie reviewer (Beta fan) and his review of the 2018 XC and EC.

The video confirms tbat the XC Gasser has somewhat firmer suspension (others say it needs to be firmer for racing) and the EC is the cush-mobile that I would want.

https://youtu.be/-xtdwsLY3z8

Last edited:
I just bumped my springs up one size from .42's to .44 and from5.2 to a 5.4. Got me a gpr stablizer and some EE hand guards. That's about all I'm doing to it for now. I'll post a pic or two when I get it back together. Thanks to Motocenter in Mesa, they had all the parts in stock!

I too bumped my forks to .44's as I thought they were too soft. I'm 175-180lbs no gear. What do you weigh? Thinking about trying a 5.4 rear.

Here is the Aussie reviewer (Beta fan) and his review of the 2018 XC and EC.

The video confirms tbat the XC Gasser has somewhat firmer suspension (others say it needs to be firmer for racing) and the EC is the cush-mobile that I would want.

https://youtu.be/-xtdwsLY3z8

I haven’t ridden an EC but I own an XC300. I tip the scales at 260 and I have won a race or two at National level in the +30B class. I run .50 up front and a 6.6 on the back. The valving is near spot on for my race pace but at slower speeds I get some deflection in the rock gardens even with compression backed all the way out to 2 clicks from full soft. The suspension is very soft “feeling” if you just set on the bike and push on the bars but when actually riding it feels great and is near impossible to bottom. I figure this winter I will send it off and have the compression stack softened up on the forks and add some rebound to the shock to help compensate for the heavy spring I have to run.

On another note, the guys at GGNA and every dealer I have talked to swear that the EC has the exact same suspension setup.

Either way, this is by far the best suspension I have ever had the pleasure of riding on. I would imagine a properly sprung yz250x would feel very similar. I have only ridden one with stock springs so I really can’t give honest input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically like Barry’s work but he missed the mark with his GG review. It came off as 6 minutes of him trying not to admit that it was better than his beloved “Beeta”. He talked about the lack of bottom end and easily stalled. Total B.S.! I also know for a fact that the gg has WAY more topend than the Beta.

Does this sound like a bike that stalls easily?
https://youtu.be/mjV8-8XIRrI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've had two YZ250X's and actually prefer the GG valving stock vs stock.

My revalved factory connection YZ250X was better than the stock GG and was my benchmark.

I get some deflection on rock sections now as well but it's not too bad and the stock GG valving is totally raceable as is for me. I plan to send mine out to JDP mx when it's time for service and have them valve it. They have the most R&D time on the 2018 chassis I believe since they do the US factory bikes.

I had a 14 Beta 250 Race Edition with Stillwell Suspension and it was a great bike but I prefer the new GG 300 for sure. Way better motor and chassis for me.......

I typically like Barry?s work but he missed the mark with his GG review. It came off as 6 minutes of him trying not to admit that it was better than his beloved ?Beeta?.
A lot of Beta riders seem to be getting butt hurt over the new GG! :D

He stopped by a Gas Gas Shop in Barcelona and spied what he said was a fuel injected GG 300. Euro emissions, I guess.

Edit: He says it looked to him to have Direct Injection components, not the TPI throttle boddy injection of the KTM line of FI bikes.

HOLD THE PHONE!

You come in here makin sideways comments about someone spying a fuel injected GG and no-one bats an eye??

Details son!! Details!! Pictures? Anything????

Back