Draining bowl

rzide

Is there a bowl drain screw on the carbs on the 2013 38mm carb? I like to drain the bowl after riding and can't find the screw, Haven't looked on all sides yet bc honestly after riding I'm dead tired lol.

Is the Kiehen on the 2013 different than in prior years?
If not, its a big (17mm I think) nut that you screw off the bottom of the bowl. Its the access for the changing the jets.

Its a 17mm spanner needed on the drain-plug on my 2006. I took mine off recently, and ran some fuel through whilst it was off so i could clean out the float bowl and hopefully flush out anything nasty from up there in the carb itself.

I didnt have a problem. Just thought it was 'cheap insurance' for 10 minutes work.

Can always lay bike on its side.
And/or put only ethanol free gas in....90 + octane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to the crappy gas in most of the USA we are stuck with using a fuel conditioner. I have had great results with Seafoam and Stabil. Never had a carb gum up in any engine that I have used them in. Some have sat for over a year.

has anyone ever installed a drain screw like on the older Yamaha etc.?
just take out the screw [or back it out] and drain the bowl?
I'm think you need to drill and tap the bowl in the 'right' place and use a washer or oring on the screw.

Due to the crappy gas in most of the USA we are stuck with using a fuel conditioner. I have had great results with Seafoam and Stabil. Never had a carb gum up in any engine that I have used them in. Some have sat for over a year.

I run race gas from the pump at a local gas station but yeah the gas sucks and makes you think the bike is pos too

Back