EC 3000 2011. Leak carb from the hose

smitten

Hi,

I notice that my EC 300 2011 was leaking gas when I lean the bike on the side. Sometime even when put it on the kickstand it's start to leaking from one of the hose on the carb.

I wondering if I have to adjust the float level to fix it?

any idea?

Thanks

If this is a new phenomenon, then I would check my float needle for wear at the tip, debris, or a build-up of deposits on the seat, or replace the float needle.

If this has been going on for a while, or you are unsure, then I would at least check the float height. If this is the trouble, then it is also dumping your fuel on the ground when landing from jumps, and any hard impacts.

Good luck!
Jim Cook

If this is a new phenomenon, then I would check my float needle for wear at the tip, debris, or a build-up of deposits on the seat, or replace the float needle.

If this has been going on for a while, or you are unsure, then I would at least check the float height. If this is the trouble, then it is also dumping your fuel on the ground when landing from jumps, and any hard impacts.

Good luck!
Jim Cook

Hi Jim,

I look at the needle. Everything look fine. The angle part of the needle is a bit darker that the rest of the needle but I thing it's normal. For what I remember, I always had this problem.

I played a bit with the float level this afternoon. It's already better. I can lean my bike a bit more on the side before it's start to leak. I wondering until with angle from the ground I could lean the bike whiteout having leaking gas?

Cheers

Hi Jim,

I look at the needle. Everything look fine. The angle part of the needle is a bit darker that the rest of the needle but I thing it's normal. For what I remember, I always had this problem.

I played a bit with the float level this afternoon. It's already better. I can lean my bike a bit more on the side before it's start to leak. I wondering until with angle from the ground I could lean the bike whiteout having leaking gas?

Cheers

I don't know about all the newer bikes, but when I was a dealer ('97-'06), the bikes often came from the factory with the floats set too low (like yours seems to have been).

Congratulations on your results. Your fuel mileage should increase, also.

I love my 2011. It's a hoot to ride, and one of the best Gassers that I've owned.

My bike has to get to about 45 degrees before it starts peeing fuel out the overflow hose.

I don't know about all the newer bikes, but when I was a dealer ('97-'06), the bikes often came from the factory with the floats set too low (like yours seems to have been).

Congratulations on your results. Your fuel mileage should increase, also.

I love my 2011. It's a hoot to ride, and one of the best Gassers that I've owned.

My bike has to get to about 45 degrees before it starts peeing fuel out the overflow hose.

Good. I got almost 45 degrees too. I'm going for a ride tomorrow, I may play a little bit more on the level and it's should be perfect.

Thanks again for your advice. :)

Back