Erzberg 2012

Definatley 4 hrs. of great riding footage and interviews. I like in the beginning they catch the guy in the JT gear taking a piss on the start line...LOL If you did that here in the U.S. you know some overly dramatic female would have you arrested for a sex crime!

I did see alot of Gassers in the line up this year.

Last edited:
Great weekend, was there with my gasser, started on the last row, ended 371. The prolog was insane, speed and frantic riding, crazy. 250 on the rocket ride. Crazy event.

Saw you just after the exit from the start line. How was waterpipe?
How far did you get?
Cheers Mark

Waterpipe was very difficult, long and slippery, started in 2nd pinned it, shifted in to 3rd got some traction in 3rd then shifted back in to 2nd and almost made it to the top, got up with help from spectators. Didn't make more checkpoints, after waterpipe I was in the slippery woods again when I got the word it had been called off because of the weather.

I saw this too but haven't found out why??

Both Jarvis and Lettenbichler, while they made all of the checkpoints, missed some of the course. They effectively cut the course and were not informed of their DQ until at the finish line, at least for Graham. The look on his face was tragic, but he was a trooper and accepted it (publicly).

Waterpipe was very difficult, long and slippery, started in 2nd pinned it, shifted in to 3rd got some traction in 3rd then shifted back in to 2nd and almost made it to the top, got up with help from spectators. Didn't make more checkpoints, after waterpipe I was in the slippery woods again when I got the word it had been called off because of the weather.

Good work mate, looked bloody hard by the time you got there. oesn't seem fair that the fastest blokes get the easiest run but I guess that is how it is in most races .Whern the first blokes got to waterpipe they were going up the left .When they went back to around when you would have been there they were going up a trackfurther to the right which was actually a lot harder than the original run at the beginning.
Top job once again mate,
Mark

Back