Exhaust Pipe - Lower Isolation Mount

JP4

I seem to tear up the stock lower pipe mount way too quick, resulting in an annoying pipe rattle - stock GG part no. BIC050526004.

I made my own using the following parts from a 2007 Suzuki RM250:

4761-27C00 PLATE, MOUNTING; 14762-01B01 CUSHION; 14763-36E00 SPACER.

I used my own nut, bolt and washers to complete the mount - you will need a big washer for one side of the grommet. The part described as 4761-27C00 PLATE, MOUNTING, is thicker than the GG part so I filed it down where it attaches to the tab on the frame. I've been using this for the past couple of months and so far so good.

The top pipe mount is always breaking too, so I'm going to try the Yamaha lower mount that others have recommended as a replacement next.

LowerExhaustMount.jpg

I've had problems with the lower pipe mount on my 12 also. I use a pipe mount from a husky 125.

Thanks for the info. I had issues on my 2010 with shredding the stock isolator. Made one up using a generic rubber mount. Still not perfect, need to make the adapter plate a bit longer. Might look into this.

Like the credit card ads ....

$20 in Suzuki OEM parts, your own hardware, and a little filing to fit ...

No annoying pipe rattle ...

Priceless!

The stock GG lower mount is exactly the same dimensions as the stock KTM mount.
I have the stock KTM mount on my '11 EC 300 and it has lasted over a year.

So, is the KTM part tougher? If so, price and availability favors it:
Part Number: 50305012000
Description: SWINGELEMENT FOR EXHAUST PIPE
Retail: $16.39

I, too, have had no luck with the stock upper exhaust mount lasting. I fabbed one up with a generic rubber isolation mount from McMaster Carr and an aluminum tab I bent and drilled out of a piece of 1/8" thick stock.

The stock GG lower mount is exactly the same dimensions as the stock KTM mount.
I have the stock KTM mount on my '11 EC 300 and it has lasted over a year.

So, is the KTM part tougher? If so, price and availability favors it:
Part Number: 50305012000
Description: SWINGELEMENT FOR EXHAUST PIPE
Retail: $16.39

I, too, have had no luck with the stock upper exhaust mount lasting. I fabbed one up with a generic rubber isolation mount from McMaster Carr and an aluminum tab I bent and drilled out of a piece of 1/8" thick stock.

I cant say that the KTM 50305012000 part nr does NOT work.

The KTM Part fits well on the 2013 chasis. I have one on mine. I'm not so sure the fitment translates into reduced rattling. I think the spigot o-rings play a large part in that too.

The KTM Part fits well on the 2013 chasis. I have one on mine. I'm not so sure the fitment translates into reduced rattling. I think the spigot o-rings play a large part in that too.

Ive got the 07 chassis, that may be the proble. Or else something is bendt.

I used a Yamaha yz part to replace the lower GG isolation mount. Even with new spigot exhaust o rings, it rattled and vibrated like runaway Chinese blender. I reinstalled the GG isolation mount but now I need a new one. I suppose the GG isolation mount allows some movement which caused the rubber mount to wear out....?

... I think the spigot o-rings play a large part in that too.

My experience has been that a tweak to the left loop on the pipe after the spigot causes a death rattle between the pipe and spigot that is some wicked bad.

I've landed the bottom of the pipe on a log on a couple of occassions, and it has resulted in the said hideous death rattle. I removed the pipe and heated the loop, and used a piece of sturdy pipe to crank it back into shape. It takes a couple of tweaks but can be made right enough to eliminate the death ratttle.

Something to think about if you have a nasty pipe rattle that you otherwise can't get rid of.

Jason.

My experience has been that a tweak to the left loop on the pipe after the spigot causes a death rattle between the pipe and spigot that is some wicked bad.

I've landed the bottom of the pipe on a log on a couple of occassions, and it has resulted in the said hideous death rattle. I removed the pipe and heated the loop, and used a piece of sturdy pipe to crank it back into shape. It takes a couple of tweaks but can be made right enough to eliminate the death ratttle.

Something to think about if you have a nasty pipe rattle that you otherwise can't get rid of.

Jason.

If I run the GG lower mount and my Spigot Orings are in good shape, I don't have any rattle or noise unless I drag the pipe across a log. Then, usually the rings need to be replaced.

Back