first ride on the gas gas

rbm33

i just picked up my first gas gas, a 2011 six days 300, and took it out for the first ride. iv been on 4 strokes with auto clutches since 2003 so it took me a little getting used to, but i cant tell you how much i enjoyed riding this bike. the engine is really really nice and the way this bike turns is like nothing i have ever ridden. i feel like a 15 year old kid again that cant wait till tomorrow so i can go ride!! lol

he is a little helmet cam from draper lake in oklahoma city. again its my first ride on a stroker so be easy on me!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tW0ZV9WWw

Cool , Looks like a fast trail.

If you dont mind and get a chance could you ,report back with your jetting and carb specs. 36 or 38mm ,Slide # ,needle & position ,pilot & main , as .

It sounds nice .Alot of people ,me included are working on our jetting on the 2011's.

i just picked up my first gas gas, a 2011 six days 300, and took it out for the first ride. iv been on 4 strokes with auto clutches since 2003 so it took me a little getting used to, but i cant tell you how much i enjoyed riding this bike. the engine is really really nice and the way this bike turns is like nothing i have ever ridden. i feel like a 15 year old kid again that cant wait till tomorrow so i can go ride!! lol

he is a little helmet cam from draper lake in oklahoma city. again its my first ride on a stroker so be easy on me!!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tW0ZV9WWw

That danged old OKC red dirt !! Are you riding OCCRA ? Congratulations!

Not bad at all.
Everyone should watch a vid like that the first thing before you start work...kinda gets the blood flow'n:D

Funny you should mention the red dirt...that was gonna be my comment too.

Cool , Looks like a fast trail.

If you dont mind and get a chance could you ,report back with your jetting and carb specs. 36 or 38mm ,Slide # ,needle & position ,pilot & main , as .

It sounds nice .Alot of people ,me included are working on our jetting on the 2011's.

i bought the bike from richard at house of horsepower and he rejetted it before i picked it up, i will ask him what the settings are. the jetting is spot on though, its really crisp right from the bottom and pulls smooth and hard all the way through the powerband.

That danged old OKC red dirt !! Are you riding OCCRA ? Congratulations!

yes, i ride occra and a few tccra races also. i havent gotten a chance to race the gasgas yet. i have only ridden it twice but i really think im already faster on it than my injected honda 450. heck, i dont even care if im faster or not, this thing is a blast to ride!! lol

I used to MX out there from the 70's to the 90's. I have washed a dump truck load of that dirt out of my gear:D

lol, i wish i could get that red dirt out of my gear!! that stuff is a gear killer for sure, not many people wear white gear down here!! lol

i bought the bike from richard at house of horsepower and he rejetted it before i picked it up, i will ask him what the settings are. the jetting is spot on though, its really crisp right from the bottom and pulls smooth and hard all the way through the powerband.

Cool , Look forward to it. If you remember to , find out the carb specs ,as they were shipped with 2 differrent carbs.

You Okies's don't use bark-busters? Must have tougher knuckles than me or you hit a lot fewer trees - LOL!

You Okies's don't use bark-busters? Must have tougher knuckles than me or you hit a lot fewer trees - LOL!

lol, heck yea we use bark busters!!! i just picked the bike up and was out for a test ride. i was pretty nervous about smashing a tree the entire ride!! i have now installed a set of enduro engineering gaurds with the bonz bar mounts and threaded bar inserts.

Be sure and check your spokes, especially in the rear wheel. I found a couple of mine very loose after a couple of rides. I would imagine they will settle in after a few rides, at least I'm hoping they will. Great video by the way. I love the 300 motor, so tractable.

Be sure and check your spokes, especially in the rear wheel. I found a couple of mine very loose after a couple of rides. I would imagine they will settle in after a few rides, at least I'm hoping they will. Great video by the way. I love the 300 motor, so tractable.

thanks, ill check that out. iv been out on it twice and have right at 3 hours on the hour meter so i should probably check them out.

38 mm carb
175 main
40 pilot
n3ch needle 3rd clip down (05 ktm needle)
1 3/8 out on the air screw

My dealer said mine was a 38 mm too, but it is actually a 36 mm. The literature also says mine should be a 38 mm but it is not. You probably already know this, but there is a stamp on top of the carb close to where the cable goes into it. Whatever that stamp says is what you actually have. What you said (above) sounds like what some are running in the 36 mm carbs so that is what prompted my reply here. Please do check it out and confirm.

Cheers!

lol, heck yea we use bark busters!!! i just picked the bike up and was out for a test ride. i was pretty nervous about smashing a tree the entire ride!! i have now installed a set of enduro engineering gaurds with the bonz bar mounts and threaded bar inserts.

I love the threaded inserts! Never thought much of them until Robbie got me to try them after a lost a buster at one enduro he put on when i clipped a monster oak.

My dealer said mine was a 38 mm too, but it is actually a 36 mm. The literature also says mine should be a 38 mm but it is not. You probably already know this, but there is a stamp on top of the carb close to where the cable goes into it. Whatever that stamp says is what you actually have. What you said (above) sounds like what some are running in the 36 mm carbs so that is what prompted my reply here. Please do check it out and confirm.

Cheers!

hmmm, ill have to check that out. ill let ya know.

Can you report how you went? Confirmed 38mm?

What temps/elevation/premix ratio are you using. How does your plug look?

My bike sounds similar to yours but I'm running a step leaner all over. 38 N3CH#2 175. 20-30C 300M+ GRO50:1 - Plug is looking very nice on one side, lean on the other.

Back