Footpegs: Fastway or Pivot Pegs?

SpeedyManiac

Hi guys,
My stock footpegs are pretty much trashed (I've been riding some gnarly rocky trails lately) so I'm looking for some replacements. I've heard good things about the Pivot Pegs, but I'm worried about their strength/durability. Does anyone have experience with the Pivot Pegs and riding in the rocks. What about the Fastways?

Its lifetime warranty on the Pivot Pegz MK2! The durability shouldnt be a problem! Im really pleased with them, broke my right MK1(after at least 2 years of riding) and got the right one for free and paid almost nothing for the left one and they upgraded me to the new model(MK2).

Speedy,

Get the pivot pegz you will not be sorry! gasgasman & myself have them and I will not go back to a regular peg ever again. They take a while to get use to but the control and the feel you get is just plain worth it.

I have not used the Pivot Pegs.

The Fastway Pegs are great. They are amazingly tough. They are super comfortable. However, they did not fold up far enough on my '06 EC300 so they stayed on my '01 XC300.

Try the pivot pegz before you buy. I did not feel comfortable with the movement. But alot of people swear by them. I thought I would get some cause they are supposed to help boot sole wear.

Fast ways are good and strong and are a nice flat platform that are adjustable. Can get slick with clay style mud build up.

I run the IMS Pro series stainless pegs and have since 2004. Very, very tough with a wide platform. They come offset to free up some room for the controls. The biggest draw back to these are Stand up riders boot soles will be chewed up in a few long hard rides or races because of their sharp bear trap style peg surface, the softer the boot soles the worse they will eat em up. But the positive to that is you never slip a peg when they are all gorped up with crud.

Good luck,
Roscoe

I never have slipping issues with the stock pegs, so I'm not too worried about having a super aggressive peg (like the IMS) since I'd rather have my boot soles last. Does anyone in the Pacific Northwest run Pivot Pegs?

My buddies KTM 300 does, he really likes them. I'm sure he would let you try them out when you come down for the ISDE, but that may be to late.

I like the Fastways /bc you can mount them lower, that few mm really makes a diff, but I've never tried the others.

Because the Fastways are so wide, the foward edge is closer to the shifter in the normal position, something you don't need. For comfort your almost forced to run them in lowboy position. Also, quite a bit of material must be ground from the peg to clear the brake pedal and allow the peg to fold. The Fastways are very strong and can be rebuilt with new setscrews, collars, and pins. I never did it, but I think the peg is so strong that if you tag a rock real good the mount will tear off before the peg.

Speedy,

I've got Pivot Pegs on my bike, and I love them! My feet always stay planted on the pegs now. It feels very natural.

I did have to modify the right peg so that it wouldn't interfere with the brake pedal (I cut out a small piece of the peg, and I welded on some key stock so that the peg would hit/stop sooner).

All in all, very pleased.

Dale

On my 07 I have the fastways and I really like them. I did grind the brake side a little, but on both sides I did brake the pins that hold them on. Seemed like a really soft metal that they used. Replaced both with yamaha peg mount pins.

Disclaimer: both times were falls on ice with the bike sliding pretty good.

What crossover parts fit our bikes? I was looking for replacements, but I don't see very many that fit 03-06 ec250's.

Try Raptor titanium pegs, they're not cheap but give super stability due to their larger area. Super strong too.

I've got one good ride on the pivot pegs. The jury is still out but I think that after some adjustment they will be good. Biggest problem was dragging the rear brake as your foot eaisly tilts down farther now. I adjusted that and we'll see how it feels next ride. A plus is that its a lot eaiser to get big/new/stiff boots under the shift lever.

Oh, and I have seen a Fastway take a rock hit and trash the mount on the frame, as I expected.

I like PivotPegz but they seem to wear very fast for stainless despite being hard to grind! They wore fast where they fold back and the grips soon went blunt.

When I went to Houston to test-ride GGMan's and Boomer's Gassers they didn't tell me they had pivot pegz. I was riding around leaning over the bars Destry Abbott style (though still slow) and couldn't figure out what had gotten into me.

My stock pegs are in need of replacement. P-Pegz will get a strong lookie, although the ArchiePegs are interesting as well.

pegs

we have 5 gasgas in the family, they all have pivot pegs! we love them! MAYBE NOT FOR EVERONE BUT FOR US THEY ARE A GREAT ADD ON TO A GREAT BIKE

Back