Fork and Shock Seals for 2001 EC200

mattholew

Edited:

OK so I found some oil and dust shields at race tech, now I think I only need the inner and outer bushings for the fork. Can anyone help me out with the size of those? They are not listed by manufacturer, only size. If no one knows, I will go disassemble the forks and measure them I guess.

My bike is a 2001 EC 200 with 43mm WP forks and an Ohlins Shock I think (it has a gold reservoir).

Last edited:
MX Tech has the SKF seals here:

http://mx-tech.com/kit43w/

Do I HAVE to replace the fork bushings, or should I inspect them for wear and only replace if they are worn?

I am not sure of the total hours on the bike, but I have put 46 hours on it since I rebuild the engine (when I got the bike). I would guess the bike has at least 150 hours total, I have no idea if the forks were ever serviced by the previous owners.

I know its a pain, but I too would pull the forks down, inspect, measure, and then order the required parts through a suspension tuner/shop. It may mean a few more days downtime, but will ensure you have the right parts.

Same for the shock. Pull it down and weigh up what it needs and go from there.

Does that kit fit the WP43mm that are on the 200 EC? Im not sure what fork a 250 came with.

If they are WP43mm which should be on there (unless it had the Ohlins package witch are gold) they are all the same I have a 01 EC250, 02 EC 200, 03 MC 250 all take the same kit I posted. I buy the kit so I have everything I need if you do not need the bushings you already have them for next time

If you post a pic we could tell from that but my money is on WP43

Thanks for responding guys. I just read the VIN decode thread and I guess I actually have a 2000 not a 2001. I always read it as being a 2001 but turns out the 1 is a place holder digit not the year. Learn something everyday.

Here's pics of the forks and shock.

Thanks again for the help.

Love this bike and I want to get it back to being excellent. I would send it off to LTR but it looks like my brother and I are about to buy some Leftover 2014 KTM 300 XC's. The deal is just too good to pass up.

2d8f6fd65782f7484c8740523564df3d.jpg
b30b2360ffe7b3584e02211f2610bc31.jpg
f5d75e2c293485181352e96dc76944cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided to sell this bike since I just picked up a 2014 KTM 300EC. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back