fuel range ec 200?

hannesd

hey guys,
i've got a pretty big ride comming up this weekend but was wondering what fuel range i can expect from my (new to me) 2001 ec200?
i think carb (jets) is stock.
we do have some gas stops along the way but not too many :rolleyes:
thanks, Hannes.

We have no idea what the bike's jetting, condition, and your altitude and temps are. If all is as good as can be expected, you should be able to go 40 - 50 miles depending on pace and conditions.

My bike is jetted on the rich side, and I can get 50 miles out of a tank before hitting reserve......

:eek: that's not an awfull lot ?
compared to the 300, that one gets about 60 mile without hitting reserve...
is it known for the 200 to be more thirsty?

haven't checked jetting yet as it seems to run fine.

Maybe the 200 has to be on the pipe more as it doesn't (so I've heard) have as good of low end torque? :confused:

My son and I just did 40 miles last Monday and he still has 1/3 tank left on his '99 EC200. He was not on the pipe a lot though.

so i had the big ride out and was very surprised !
we did about 155km and i used 9-10l of gas wich comes down to about 6l/100km !?
i must say i was never very long on the pipe, still the bike felt very rich from idle. planning on trying to lower the needle, it was pretty hot out here (28 degrees Celcius).
i must say i'm very pleased with the 200, it did everything the "big bikes" did too with not too much effort, and i was way lighter then those other machines. even the steapest climbs it went up just fine and gave me a big grin on the face when passing those other guys lying across the trail up the hill :D
lots of single track in the bush with a few logs to cross (never really did that but it worked out ok), loved it there!!

i'm in love!! :p

cheers guys,
hannes.

So what jetting did you have in it? Looks like good fuel economy and an even better report! :D

Cheers mate!

so here goes my current jetting :
PJ :45
MJ : 168
slide : 7
needle : NO7G was set at 2nd clip from above, right now set at 1st clip from above (leanest)

this setting in 28degrees Celcius gave me a pretty rich blubry off idle response.

PJ 45 seems very big, might try 42 and then play with the needle some more.
MJ 168 seems fair,right?
don't know where that needle is in richness? anyone?

another question, is it normal for the needle to sit kinda loose in the slide, isn't it supposed to sit tight in the slide?
i can move the needle somewhat opposed to the slide.

cheers, Hannes.

I assume its NOZG. In terms of stock needle N1EF it is 1 size leaner on the diameter, and half a clip leaner. Its like putting N1EG#0.5

Comparable to 42 N3CW#2 172. The NOZ/N1E is always much richer than everything else in the lower throttle openings (around 1/8th throttle).

i found this as a recommendation,on the forum:

Main jet = 180
Pilot jet =45
Needle & notch = CCL #4
Air screw setting = 1.5 out
Throttle valve/slide = #6
Pobit recommendation and spot on. Smooth power and torque no holes no surprises. Very pleased much better than previous jetting which was the more common 200 setup in the UK.

so i would need a CCL needle, but i hope that's not the fuel burner as the DDK (or is it CCK) needle is claimed to be for the 300?

what would be ideal, is to find a ktm part number , so i could order that here locally.preferably a common needle for stock ktm's, so they could have one in stock?
don't know elswhere to order gasser needles in europe (belgium).

Last edited:
i found this as a recommendation,on the forum:

Main jet = 180
Pilot jet =45
Needle & notch = CCL #4
Air screw setting = 1.5 out
Throttle valve/slide = #6
Pobit recommendation and spot on. Smooth power and torque no holes no surprises. Very pleased much better than previous jetting which was the more common 200 setup in the UK.

so i would need a CCL needle, but i hope that's not the fuel burner as the DDK (or is it CCK) needle is claimed to be for the 300?

what would be ideal, is to find a ktm part number , so i could order that here locally.preferably a common needle for stock ktm's, so they could have one in stock?
don't know elswhere to order gasser needles in europe (belgium).

no more input from anyone, are you perhaps all 300 riders? :rolleyes:

The needles are supplied by different vendors. I can find you part numbers if you want, otherwise have a look in a ktm manual online and see what they run in the 200.

I'd recommend a N3CH or NEDH to play with for a 200.

Keep that 200 info comming. I just made a deal for a 200 motor that I will rebuild this winter to go in my '07 frame.

The needles are supplied by different vendors. I can find you part numbers if you want, otherwise have a look in a ktm manual online and see what they run in the 200.

I'd recommend a N3CH or NEDH to play with for a 200.

KTM 125 and 200 recommend NOZI series needles, which are similar to N1EG series needles?

For reference, I run 50, 180, NBHW #3. 0-1000feet, 20 degrees C.

Back