Gasgas EC250 2013 carb help

periclesgsilva

Hello guys. After 2 years with my fantastic ec250 2011 moved to a 2013.
Considerations:
2011 with Standart piston. Only a piston ring change. Carb with 48p / 175 main with 1 turn air screw. Fells very very strong 1/8 to 1/4. Sometimes when I think I was riding in 1 gear I checked was running in second ou third. Perfect.
2013: the old owner make a complete top end service. New piston and new rings. Carb: 42 / 180 with 1,5 air screw. Feels very strong 1/4 to wot, but 1/8 to 1/4 need clutch to sustain in uphill. Well, in my small acknowledge I ordered a 48 and a 175 pilot and main. Changed. But not a big difference too.
My question: and old engine (mean used piston ) like my old 2011 need more gas to power? In this new bike with new piston kit, what should I do? Maybe a 45 pilot? 40? I'm not a WOT guy. Need power at 1/8 to 1/4 and sometimes a small wot.
20/25 degrees temperature.
1,5% oil mix
100 meters sea level
Final considerations: sorry for my bad English. Brazilian guy here. Happy with my new toy. But miss the power of my old lady.
Note: the old owner took away the eletric start motor after a crash. Can't find a new one. :(

Enviado de meu SM-N910C usando Tapatalk
ad219da0926e34a3a185749b9abdb2ff.jpg

Last edited:
Another quick question. The 2013 sun mode is closed or open circuit? ID cdi. Name of the manufacturer. Thanks.

9bc25e9d76d35c26fcbac3e1443580d8.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

Video certainly shows some main bearings in a not so good way.

Any idea what caused the failure? Any signs of dirt/debris? Oil starvation?

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier.

Video certainly shows some main bearings in a not so good way.

Any idea what caused the failure? Any signs of dirt/debris? Oil starvation?
Hello Jakobi. The old owner take a wrong turn and fall inside a river. Instead of try to clean and open the Bolt under the engine, the puch the bike with another using a rope. So I think the remaining water inside did this to the poor engine. New conrod ProX, new bearings, new rik japan rings, new vforce petals, new clutch discs.
The piston is B, prox too. The guy did the change 2 months ago. With Taiwan rings. The ring gap after this time 0,65
Jacobi if u can, take a look on my cdi info. Open circuit on this cdi is sun, or rain?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English.

No Selvagem. The noise was terrible. When I buy the bike, I didnt listen this because of a exaust ring failure. After change the viton ring the surprise.
The cilinder remains ok. Checked with care.

Good news, with the cylinder in good condition, having changed the bearings, connecting rod and piston, your engine will return to work in optimal condition.

Good news, with the cylinder in good condition, having changed the bearings, connecting rod and piston, your engine will return to work in optimal condition.

Crossing fingers here Selvagem. After i make some money again (the parts cost a little much, with our poor economy) i will make a visit to Dilvo, your "guru" to make the same service on my GG.
Thanks!

Our economy is really bad. Do this for yourself and adjust in the Squish band, it will have a new bike at hand!

Dilvo is an excellent mechanic, extremely competent and honest, guarantee a perfect servisse.

Well update for my riding brothers. Bike Perfect. Was riding thinking: im running in first gear. For my surprise was third gear. Perfect. Thanks guys.

Back