GG caught a cold by looks of it, advice pls

Fakesy

After some advise pls chaps.
GG ec 250 12
I last rode it 6 weeks ago and it was running a treat.
Since then iv started 2x for 2mins
Put clean air filter in which I was pretty generous when oiling it
Put more fuel in, which when I was pouring it in the started to piss out one of the pipes down by swing arm.
Started it then no more fuel pissing out.

So thought I need to take it for spin round the block,1 mile down the road blurrrr, it comes to a stop like its ran out of fuel, so thought I must of had fuel off and put fuel tap to different position, after 5 mins of kicking/ pushing button it fires up
Mile down the road same thing, repeats above and manages to get home.
I got home replaced plug, checked air filter, took it another spin and almost same thing apart from this time managed to keep revs up when it was about to stall and thought let's get it home abit sharpish
All iv done different than before is refuel, clean air filter and not ridden it for 6 weeks.

clean the carb.

Fakesy,
Pull the carb. and disassemble.clean thoroughly.blow each jet w/ compressed air. reassemble. you should be fine afterwards.

Fakesy,
Pull the carb. and disassemble.clean thoroughly.blow each jet w/ compressed air. reassemble. you should be fine afterwards.

Cheers, that was in the back of mind but as iv started it couple of times thought might of got away with it

Thanks boys,
What a plonker I turned out to be.
Mate came just after I struggled for 20 mins to get carb off and spotted it straight away. After my last ride out I lost the breather pipe of the fuel cap so bung a piece of pipe on then capped it off with silicone, I spose the clue is in why it's called a breather pipe! I thought the cap on it was just to cap it of and didn't know it had a little valve in it. :rolleyes:

You won't make that mistake again. It only takes a couple of pounds of pressure (in the tank) to overcome the inlet needle and float. If it was something lodged inbetween the inlet needle and seat I sometimes get lucky by closing the petcock off and running the carburetor dry. Then turning the petcock back on and the debris is washed out of the seat. This can only occur when the inlet valve is fully retracted and the float is extended.

Back