Goggles - Oakley MX Airbrake

StuJohnson

I just picked up these new Oakley MX Airbrake goggles.

http://moto.oakley.com/

I honestly do not believe in paying a lot of $$ for goggles. But I had studied up a lot on different ones and these seemed to fit my needs the best. So I bucked up and got them.

I have to say (IMO) these are great!!

I quickly cut the strap and installed my Quick Release Straps - easy fix.

While riding yesterday by the amount of air they get and the clarity I honestly did not feel as though I had goggles on. Which is why I searched for so long. Some goggles feel as thought you are looking through a tube and your side vision is cut off. Not these - It was like wearing no goggles and I could see everything with out having to turn my head to see from side to side.

I bought from Ebay brand new for $145 + free shipping and had them in 2 days.

Last edited:
GGer Matt from AZ showed these to me several weeks ago.

I have so many over- used goggles that I don't know what to do with them all. I can replace the cheesy lensa but the ratty foam/felt is here to stay.

Thanks for the info.
I hate goggles for the very reason you said, limit my view.
Don't mind spending the $$$ for something that works.
Any fogging issues at low speed?

Honestly think that is a hard one to overcome.
But a lot of that dpreventions on outdoor temperature and of course how much y'all sweat.
I was sweating like a mofo last ride and had some fogging.
FYI...The Smith Goggles spray cleaner works pretty good for fog prevention.

The fog seems to be my biggest battle. Get into some nasty rainforest single track and almost instantly the fog takes over and visibility goes to crap.

I have made some "anti fog" goggles for use when conditions are colder, wetter, and non-dusty. I cut all the foam off the top to allow for more air flow.

Those look great but they wouldn't work for me. The first time that I looked the other way one of my dogs would have them in the corner of the garage chewing them to ribbons.:rolleyes:

I have problems with goggles fogging and have been using Dragon Mdx dual lense goggles for years now.
No fogging and work great.
Cheers Mark

I have problems with goggles fogging and have been using Dragon Mdx dual lense goggles for years now.
No fogging and work great.
Cheers Mark

How do they go for size Mark? Looking at these Oakleys I doubt they'd fit with the TLD lid I have.

Jakobi - Not sure which TLD lid you have but here is what they look like on my Vemar Helmet.

IMAG0751_1_zpsddac218c.jpg

Dual layer lense is the key.
I have a fox v2 helmet and the dragon mdx fit really well.They seem smaller than some goggles I have seen but at the same time do not seem to restrict my sight at all.
Cheers Mark

I'm going to have to try these out. I found the solution to fogging. Pick up a set of safety glasses. Never fog and still provide protection in the rain. If I have to put on my rain jacket I go ahead and pull the safety glasses out at the same time and I'm... right as rain... :D

IMAG0751_1_zpsddac218c.jpg

How do you like those Vemar helmets? I currently have an Airoh stelt and Bell moto9. The Airoh is light but not very comfortable. the Bell was a little narrow in the cheeks until I ordered different cheek pads.

I like the Airbrake, especially the roll offs. but $150 for goggles is hard to swallow. No matter how careful I try to be, I always manage to scratch the lenses.

Everyone is going to laugh but it works good . Put shaving cream on your goggles and wipe it off. It will stop your fogging.
The big thing to remember is to wipe off the shaving cream or there will be many crashes in your future.:D
The Oakleys are nice but I refuse to spend that much money on them.

Back