GPR Stabilizer Install

erniebearskin

Can someone please confirm I'm not crazy. I'm installing a GPR V4 stabilizer, to install the frame mount I remove top fork clamp, steering nut and dust cover, install the frame mount direct to the head tube (the instructions say refer to your manual for specific bike but alas, no mention of GasGas in the specific bike instructions). The clamp GPR sent is not even close, at least 2-3 mm too big once fully tightened. Their website lists 2010 GasGas but I called to confirm kit works for 2011 as well. Not happy as the bike is torn apart (in the process of installing new Flexx bars as well). I had green light from wife to ride tomorrow and its too damn freezing in my garage to put everything back together tonight.

Does anyone know what I am talking about. Do 2010 and 2011 have different head tube diameters.

Hope GPR is open tomorrow so I can call and ask wtf? :mad:

Yup I know brother cause I had the same problem and the head tubes from 10 to 11 are different. I had to get the proper one sent to me from gpr after I shipped the old one back!

One good thing is that gpr has to be the easiest company I've ever delt with. I've bought 3 of them for my street and dirt bikes and there customer service and support is unbelievable

Had the same issue, i ended up going with a Pro Moto Billit post that was built in 2 pieces and set screws to prevent it from spinning. It has worked better then any other hardware i have tried. It also works with any brand of stabilizer.
I was very close to buying and installing the weld on post, but chickened out in the end.

I have no idea what the part number is but I do know that if you call them you won't need the part number they'll know what your talking about right away and be able to send you the proper clamp. They really need to change there model years on the packaging as everyone is encountering the same problem

spud,

What part# is your PMB post? I'm looking for another post for my '12 which has the larger neck dia like the older bikes. I've spoken to them and they said something was in the works but no updates yet. Perhaps they have both if you have one for the smaller neck, unless you have something for a KTM that fits.

Back