Green No-Toil

that's the newer version. I believe it does not contain alcohol and is advised to only be used in low humidity environments or it will take forever to set up. I used No-Toil before. It may work well for mx or trail riding, but at the 2011 national endure in Michigan I sucked dirt right through. That was the last time I used it. Just my 2 cents.

that's the newer version and yes it does look like green pepto. I believe it does not contain alcohol and is advised to only be used in low humidity environments or it will take forever to set up. I used No-Toil before. It may work well for mx or trail riding, but at the 2011 national enduro in Michigan I sucked dirt right through. That was the last time I used it. Just my 2 cents.

I use the standard red NoToil - tried the green but realized it was a PITA and that I'm 'not that green' myself.

I haven't had any issues with it - the biggest hassle seems to be getting stock pre-oiled filters clean enough to do the conversion.

I use the red but the green is designned to not eat the glue holding the filer together. Thay is the only advatage I can see.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a red Notoil believer. I have had no troubles in the last 5 years of using it. Wash all my filters in the laundry tub and and the wife hasn't complained about stinking filters for 5 years now. Not sold on the green stuff though.

I use the red, too. Twin-Air Filters or No-Toil Filters have held up to the alcohol. I used to oil up filters and keep them in a bag, but I think that contributed to the filters breaking down. Unifilters, I think, came apart at the seams. Now I keep clean dry ones ready to oil up. My last couple of Twin-Air's have lasted a long, long time.

Thanks for the replies the green turns a transparent green after it tacks up seemed to do good today.

Can you still get the red?

We can only get the green labeled rim grease, but the red oil is still available. I buy the 1 liter bottle.

Thanks I also buy the 1 liter but got this a while back because its all they had:( but I will only buy the red now:D

We can only get the green labeled rim grease, but the red oil is still available. I buy the 1 liter bottle.

Back in the day I used to slather Bel-Ray waterproof grease on every filter rim. Somewhere along the way I was convinced that a good fitting seal made the grease unnecessary (and the fact that NoToil grease turns into the nastiest mess of all time if left very long) and I've had no issues with sucking dirt. Just make sure that filter is seated!

Back in the day I used to slather Bel-Ray waterproof grease on every filter rim. Somewhere along the way I was convinced that a good fitting seal made the grease unnecessary (and the fact that NoToil grease turns into the nastiest mess of all time if left very long) and I've had no issues with sucking dirt. Just make sure that filter is seated!

I too used to grease up the seal. Realistically, a well seated, well oiled filter will make contact all the way around. The gassers in particular seal really well with the way that the filter folds right over the frame and seats into the air intake.

Never tried the no toil products so can't comment there.

I have used the red for years in some pretty dusty conditions (Oregon Higgins desert riding) and never had an issue. As a creature of habit I never tried the green...stick with what works.

Back