HD sports cameras

I have the hero2 and hero3 black you guys need to update your go pro's via their website as my hero2 did this and the update fixed it.

I have the Hero 1080, I tried the update yesterday. It would not update, but whatever I did the camera is functioning again. I kicked it around the house on the carpet for awhile(in the case of course)and it never froze. Thoughts are maybe a re-format of the SD card was the problem? I've taken out the battery several times so I'm sure that wasn't it. Well, hopefully it works for a while longer, I really don't want to spend money on another camera.

I have the Hero 1080, I tried the update yesterday. It would not update, but whatever I did the camera is functioning again. I kicked it around the house on the carpet for awhile(in the case of course)and it never froze. Thoughts are maybe a re-format of the SD card was the problem? I've taken out the battery several times so I'm sure that wasn't it. Well, hopefully it works for a while longer, I really don't want to spend money on another camera.

Good luk i hope its ok cause they really are at the top of the game.

I just bought a "Monoprice" camera for $90. It's about the same size as a Contour. Will post a review of it after using.

Thought Contour was gone for good......would have waited for one of those had I known.

I have the GoPro first edition and it makes great video, but it's a clumsy thing to mount to a helmet.

Looks like Contour is back up and running. I really like my Contour Roam (cheapest model they sold), but I LOVE it now that it's upgraded to Roam2 firmware.

If you can find an older Roam, there is a simple method to updating the firmware to replace the dastardly .MOV format with MPEG3 (I think, I'm not too smart on the format thingy-ma-job). Either way, you can upgrade to 60 fps and HD format. you an usually find the older Roam on ebay for ~$100 or so. Or buy the new one for only $200 and be done.

camera didn't budge! ! I must have fell off the bike about 10 times.. so I think it passed the test...it takes so long to convert the files its painful. .should I turn on the PAL setting I know it could be different for Americans??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MONOPRICE REVIEW

Piece of sheeeeeeyatch!!! The video quality is the worst of the 3 cameras I have. 1st gen VIO POV, and 1st GOPro are both a ton better than this thing. Just walking around with it the details blur. On helmet at speed.....total crap! Waste of $90!

If I can't make the GoPro work like I've seen others do under the visor, I'm going with a new Contour.

MONOPRICE REVIEW

Piece of sheeeeeeyatch!!! The video quality is the worst of the 3 cameras I have. 1st gen VIO POV, and 1st GOPro are both a ton better than this thing. Just walking around with it the details blur. On helmet at speed.....total crap! Waste of $90!

Did anybody try the ISAW that was linked in the original post, I e-mailed them but haven't heard back

Pic of Contour Roam2 under visor.

Attachments

• 51647839-IMG_3571WN_R3Moto2_.jpg
    51647839-IMG_3571WN_R3Moto2_.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 22
GoPro Mount

Here is mine. I haven't had any problems at all and the forward view of the terrain is better.

photo-1_zps146671e5.jpg

photo2_zps018db6b9.jpg

Back