Help! I need a throttle cable for my 1999 EC300....fast!

flatout111

I'm sure I can order one from GoFasters but sometimes there service is kind of slow. Will another model...Yamaha or something...work?

Need one...like yesterday.

Help!

I rode a lot yesterday...went to start it today, it fired right up. Rode it around. Parked it for a sec, went to start it again and I guess the cable broke as the throttle doesn't snap back and just rolls back and forth. And when I pull on the line it doesn't alter the rpms.

I admittedly know little about the stuff but figure its the cable.

I get parts from Halls cycle in two or three days.

Take the cover off your throttle and see if it is broken there if it is not grab the wire (inside the housing) and pull on it. If it only pulls out a little it mite have come undone from the slide.

Motion Pro.
If you call first thing tomorrow and explain your problem they will ship it same day. You'll have it Tues. If its not something they stock they will custom make you one and may be able to get it out just as fast.

Thanks for the replies, fellas. If I slide back the rubber housing and pull on the actual wire I can pull it quite a bit, it seems. How do I tell if it came loose or is actually broken?

There was an issue at the most in-opportune time. I had a buyer for it. He test rode it, liked it but was a bit on the fence, then wanted to ride it again and when he started it again it went bad before he could ride it again (seem to break or disconnect as he was actually kickstarting it). He still wants it ( I think) but if it had just held on the sale would have been complete I think. But honestly, it must have been either ready to break or disconnect but yeah, the timing was terrible. No worries, though. Its a solid bike for its age, just need to get this cable situation addressed ASAP so he can ride it and hopefully complete the deal.

I just Youtubed a video. Since it was working fine and then went bad altogether (with no tension on the throttle grip, I kinda think it may have came loose. I'll see what I can find out. Hope that's all that happened. Do they break often?

Back