HUSKY it short life!

jaysktms

The short life of this bike started just a little over 26 hrs. The happiness and joy of what is suppose to be a new bike. All Rag's had nothing bad to say so the deed was done and the bike is home.

Round 1 no power have to scream the guts out of it, this makes 125 feel like a well tuned 450 and differently not this Husky. So into the forums we go, 12 port injector (Kawasaki), done, JD tuner, done its a bit better. Back to the dealer for a reprogram, remove the JD as per Dealer. Seems to run fine, but how can one tell riding in a circle! So what is 3hrs round trip we all do this every day after spending our money on the latest and greatest (Husky). Well 4 more round trips and the JD is now hooked up by the Dealer so we can have some adjustments with the OMG EFI greatness! This bike reminds me of an XR250 Honda now. Well under 10 hrs so far what a gutless piece. TK goodness for EFI!

Round 2 now the bike starts and will die (POS) with any gas given to it. Back to the dealer(Town and Country) with this POS. What is wrong I say the fuel pump is gone no problem. They put a new one on, no cost to me. Was told that they have done many seems to be an issue for HUSKY! Well the bike is back and is still not running great, it flames out as it going down the trail, I think it just want to kill me.

Round 3 I get ahold of Husky USA, (WADE LPOS remember this I know his real name too) tell all this to him. You need to get the UP GRADE KIT (module/12port) not a fix for this POS but an UPGRADE! But seeing that I had all of these issues, HUSKY will take care of this for you. Here the good one, dont take it to your dealer you got it from but take it to an other one (Toy Tech only 5 hrs round trip away) they are better equip for this. So sure I take the ride. 3 weeks later an almost $400 later LPOS WADE (have it recorded too) never told this dealer anything about it being covered. So I am out this and time and gas getting the up grade done, but the bike is home again.

Round 4 the temp changed and issues returned, called the new dealer the 5 hrs round trip one (also a great help) the bike is popping and spitting, heres the kicker after the UPGRADE he said to put the JD back on WHAT!!!! So I do, the setting are a bit lean. Once the JD is on he gives me some setting to try and wow the bike is running great. Finally, this lasted for 2 rides.

Round 5 Its Now Very Hard Starting does matter if its cold or hot cant get to start. Even with ether also changed the plug, now it not running AGAIN, what dealer should I call or does any one have any Ideas. This is just getting too old for me. HELP!!!!!!

Last edited:
That's my experience, they are great pushbikes, best viewed from the comfort of another brand motorcycle.

Hopefully your communication with the dealer was a little less confusing than reading your post. What bike? What dealer? Do you have any mechanical ability or do you depend on the dealer for everything?

I've had great luck with Husky, sorry things are not going well for you.

Hopefully your communication with the dealer was a little less confusing than reading your post. What bike? What dealer? Do you have any mechanical ability or do you depend on the dealer for everything?

I've had great luck with Husky, sorry things are not going well for you.

Glad you said it. I have read this OP 3x and am still not 100% sure what you are talking about?

What model of Husky do you have? TE250? My guess is that you need an 02 sensor. They go bad in those Huskys fairly regularly and make the bike run really bad.

picture.php

The right way for a husky to go;)

No, seriously, I also think it sounds like your sensor is broke, we had many of those fail.

I guess I am a little confused as well. I am assuming on round 1 that you meant that it is a 450 that runs like a 125.

I guess I am a little confused as well. I am assuming on round 1 that you meant that it is a 450 that runs like a 125.

Half the power of a 125 maybe?

Kind of like the problems they used to give in math class. X is to 250 what 125 is to 450 ...

Using that logic his 250 runs like a ragged out '78 RM80 with a stuck ring.

Back