Hydraulic clutch actuator and clutch rod

budryzer

Greetings all,
This is the latest bike to my collection. It's an 2001 EC125. I bought it as a non starter and am going through it. First issue is the clutch.
The servo down on the engine has the cylinder with a ball on it that would push the rod to disengage the engine, ie push the pressure plate against the springs so the plates can slip....
Problem is that the piston in the actuator pops out of the housing ,,,,,,bleeding off all the pressure built up behind it into the engine, without making the clutch disengage......
I know that I am missing the spring behind the piston. But as far as the ball on the cylinder and the rod (flat side) seems as it should. Am I missing a piece? Why would the clutch servo be having to move this far and popping out of its cylinder?
Any good distributors of 2001 Gas Gas parts in the U.S.?
Thanks in advance

Does anybody have the "PLATE COUNT"? I wonder if there are one to many steel and friction plates installed?

Also can someone confirm that there is a special first plate? It has friction material only on one side?

Last edited:
Hello,
At my wifes brothers EC 125 -10 the actuator pops out of the housing also. Did you find a solution?

/Palte

I have a 2001 mc125 apart right now for a full rebuild. The clutch has 7 fibers and 6 steels (well 2 steels and 4 aluminum). This MC125 seems to have a mix of parts.

I have a 2001 mc125 apart right now for a full rebuild. The clutch has 7 fibers and 6 steels (well 2 steels and 4 aluminum). This MC125 seems to have a mix of parts.

Toss those aluminum plates in the trash and order more steel plates. You will be rewarded with cleaner oil and a clutch you can abuse for 5 years.

Back