JD Jetting KTM/GasGas

fixmare

Hello guys,

does anybody know if the JD Jetting needle ( blue ) for ktm exc 300 2010 also fits as well in my GasGas EC 300 2011?
and do anyone know a link where all the multi taper needles are listet and exactly explained the code?s?

Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany and new here!

I have kind of worked out a break down of the OEM Needle codes.
N-X-Y-Z (N3EJ) (NEDW) (NOZI) (N1EF)

N - OEM Needle identifier
X - Taper profile
Y - Clip position/length
Z - Diameter

The X/Y doesn't seem to share any common ground between needles. 3 seems to be yamahas 2 taper needle. E is suzi's 3 taper, O is ktms 3 taper, 1 is the stock GG needle also a 3 taper. I'm not sure if the tapers are the same between the NOZ/N1E. They do feel very similar. The Y part which indicates clip pos/length is also paired up with the taper profile (x) to form a needle with the same properties that allows for half clip adjustments. Exmaples N3Ex/N3Cx, NEDx/NECx. I have a feeling NOZx/N1Ex is the exception and are half clip different using the same taper.

Z is the needle diameter of the straight section of the needle. It covers idle to 1/8-1/4 depending on the needles taper profile. Sizes range from:

Nxxx needle diameters
D=2.685mm
E=2.695mm (JD Blue)
F=2.705mm
G= 2.715
H= 2.725
W/I=2.735 (JD Red)
J= 2.745
K=2.755

Hello guys,

does anybody know if the JD Jetting needle ( blue ) for ktm exc 300 2010 also fits as well in my GasGas EC 300 2011?
and do anyone know a link where all the multi taper needles are listet and exactly explained the code?s?

Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany and new here!

Old thread I know, but since I just found out the answer from JD himself I can confirm for you that the JD red and blue needles for KTM or GasGas are identical.

Back