Jetting 2010 xc200

blanc

Hi

My 200 feels a little flat when coming off the power, it is also a little down on power in the low end. Any suggestions ?

Steve

I got jetting tips from a local pro who rides a 2010 200, he runs a 45 pilot, a 175? main, and a NOZI needle on the 4th or 2nd clip. I changed to the 45 pilot and that made a huge difference, still have to try the needle, KTM made me wait 2 months.

But you have to note, we are not very high up in NZ, and it doesnt get very cold.

The NOZI needle is a KTM needle that they use in their 125/200. Not sure how it compares to N1EF or CCK kind of needles. Guess it would be best to price it from a KTM dealer.

Would a JD kit help? I have similar issue with a 2011 EC200 - a little slow to pick up and seems to run out of puff earlier than I would expect.

M

Thanks a mill, out of interest does your 200 run a vforce reed cage? Mine has a GG stamped unit. Who here makes a JD kit for the 200s?

These are my settings in my wifes 2010 ec200 and believe me I tried everything.

Run a br8eg sparkplug
my altitude is 3000-5000ft temp 20- 30 deg C

needle DDK #2
Main 168 ( going down to a 165 )
Pilot 42
AS 1.5-1.75 out

The DDk needle is the trick , tried the NOZI and was'nt as good

For sea level I would use DDK#3, 172-175main, 42 pilot

Hi ,

I had similar problems in the past with my EC 200 -06 , JD-kit with blue needle solved all the problems . This is the first step to do when you start to tune your 200s , the motor wakes up from "sleep" at least with the older pwk38 carb(big bowl) .

-mikael-

Took the bowl off a 200 EC and noted the standard is a 35 pilot and 182 main. Changed these for a 45, 178 and JD red 4th notch (sea level). Wow - what a difference. Probably not the final setup but a huge improvement.

M

Muzungu,

Where are you located? It helps to post your temps and elevation for other to compare too.

Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions, eventually bought a vfource reed cage, better but not perfect. What is a JD Kit? May try a 178 and a 45 pilot next Iam at se level temp 10-20, Its Ireland FFS :D

"JD" is James Dean Jetting, here in the USA. Special needles he designs and mfgs. for specific bikes and applications. The kits contain two needles and assorted jets. A little pricey but IMO they work very well for the apps they were designed and tested for.

The generic kit for the PWK38 AS carb (the one he suggests for the GasGas using this carb) works outstanding in my 250. I can not ask for a better jetted bike. No experience on a 200. The DDK is close to the JD Blue needle, and if a DDK is far off the mark then likely the JD will not do it either. Check the jetting database thread for places to start, and try the DDK first as its a lot cheaper.

Thanks Guys, never knew it would be so difficult to remove and reinstall a carb! Is there a nack to reinstalling the carb?

heat the airbox boot with a heatgun - when soft it pushes way back and makes carb re-installation much much easier. when you have the carb off, check the intake boot, they crack pretty easily. boyesen has them direct for about $15.00...

easiest way to remove/re-install.

heat airbox boot.

loosen clamps
twist carb to remove top
push airbox boot back
pull carb back a bit to unseat from intake boot
pull carb out.

for standard needles in the usa - (ddk/cck/cel/etc.) carbparts.com - $5.00 each

Back