Kick Start 07 FSR 450?

GavGav

Anyone ever done it?
I have tried a few times and have given in and went for the button :confused:

I have fastway pegs on in the low position and the kick starter hits them at the bottom of the stroke.

Any secrete technics?

It is a little tricky, I have an '05 FSE and this is how I do:

Slowly kick past TDC on the compression stroke, until the camshafts settles in a new position. The engine makes a weird little noise, like rotating gears somehow. Return the kick lever to its top position and then take up the slack. Now push it firmly through the entire stroke all the way down to the footpeg. That should do it.

I made a video just for all of you who think its impossible ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrwvStxwsX4

One of my customers is able to kick start his 05 FSE when the battery is dead. I didnt believe him until i seen it happen.

It is a little tricky, I have an '05 FSE and this is how I do:

Slowly kick past TDC on the compression stroke, until the camshafts settles in a new position. The engine makes a weird little noise, like rotating gears somehow. Return the kick lever to its top position and then take up the slack. Now push it firmly through the entire stroke all the way down to the footpeg. That should do it.

I made a video just for all of you who think its impossible ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrwvStxwsX4

OK I'm im impressed. I'll have to try it, I have never been able to kick start my '06.

I finally kick started my bike :) . My throttle was closed. The bike was warm. I will try it in the am when cold. I did not think it was possible, I still prefer the magic button.

I'm pleased to announce that I kick started my bike with a flat battery COLD START... I was quite pleased and it didn't really take that much..:D

I'm pleased to announce that I kick started my bike with a flat battery COLD START... I was quite pleased and it didn't really take that much..:D

Good on ya!

Dead flat battery??
Did you have to give it a few kicks to get some power into the fuel pump for it to build up some pressure?

man I was so happy to see that others had the same problem I had kick starting the bike..
I tried it and it worked. Thanx alot!!:D

Im 130 lbs and 5'6" so kicking requires every inch I can get. My headlight and fuel pump work like they should but the starter is very slow, like 1 rpm lol. I heard of some people using both elec and kick at the same time. Anyone try this? I flooded it yesterday after a stall and had to kick my guts out. Finally got it started, stalled again cause the kicker jammed the brake pedal under the lower bolt for the clutch cover Aaargh! Now my brake pedal is pressed hard against the clutch cover and I will have to find a fix before I damage the cover. Is anyone elses kicker doing this? by the way it is an 07 450

You can kick either the 06 or 07 I have until you are purple without ever getting so much as a bang. Both fire up 1st push of the button even after standing a while. Kickstarter is an ornament for me!

Back