2019 300 EC starter issues

I noticed you only have the small factory leads in your bike. These 100% cause a massive restriction in the available current to the starter motor. They can throttle that initial burst of current that is needed when cold. I would be doing that first and foremost. It made all the difference in my mates 18 and then 19 bikes. It can be verified with a clamp on ammeter but they are expensive. The standard leads are smaller than what it installed on most scooter and are a joke really.

I noticed you only have the small factory leads in your bike. These 100% cause a massive restriction in the available current to the starter motor. They can throttle that initial burst of current that is needed when cold. I would be doing that first and foremost. It made all the difference in my mates 18 and then 19 bikes. It can be verified with a clamp on ammeter but they are expensive. The standard leads are smaller than what it installed on most scooter and are a joke really.

Hello Nate, can you explain what are the lead wires and what needs to be changed. I have a 2019 XC 300, I thought the upgraded wiring was done on 19's.

I understand what you are saying Nate. Its is a 2019 that already has the thicker cables ex factory. And why would the cables get worse after they had worked 48 hours even at 24F ?

I understand what you are saying Nate. Its is a 2019 that already has the thicker cables ex factory. And why would the cables get worse after they had worked 48 hours even at 24F ?

The thicker cables they supplied are still very anemic mate, the cables do not get worse but starve the starter from the full current available. They are also only crimped and not soldered as well like they should be. It is just a bottle neck that really needs to be removed. The extra earth from the harness to the battery again stops any possibility of voltage drops and poor earths in the ignition/start side of the harness.

Hello Nate, can you explain what are the lead wires and what needs to be changed. I have a 2019 XC 300, I thought the upgraded wiring was done on 19's.

Starter motor leads mate, just different terminology. They ?upgraded? them but a decent auto electrician/mechanic can make some proper decent sized cables that will not drop big voltage.

Back