kickstarting FSR515

bsheriff

Hi, I'm a new Gasser owner, moved up from a 2 stroke and have minimal experience with 4 strokes.

Heres my problem, no doubt someone will be able to help me out here.

I can't work out how to kickstart the thing! No idea what the story is with the Auto decompression system. I just cannot get it to kick and the owners manual is absolutely useless.

Any one able to talk me through the kicking technique for this particular bike?

Thanks.
Brett.

Disregard.
I managed to kick my 2 hour old 515!

If it's anything like my 450 that's a major achievement. I have managed it once motivated by being stuck in the middle of the woods with a broken starter clutch. Took me at least 5 mins leaning against a tree.

I wind it over slowly till I hear a whir type noise. Then give it a strong boot full.

Tried that, no difference on mine. Although I haven't tried since I adjusted the air bleed and it starts easier on the starter than it did before.

Check out the kickstart on this fella is this the answer? Beautiful bike btw
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kawasaki-KXF-...ewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item4a9cb30cae
ebay uk Item number: 320456559790

That's kickstart's quite a contraption provided it doesn't break. I think the Gasser problem is more with how the EFI works than the kickstarter design which admittedly isn't great. It just seems to need a couple of rotations to fire and you can't get that from a kick.

Last edited:
Back