Ktm 350

This bike is the nuts for sure! I've been following it's development closely for almost 2 years and think KTM will have a real winner here.

Off road 350 version will follow in a year or less but will retain the PDS system and I imagine a 6 speed (mx has 5 speed).

Now how about the 2 stroke Husabergs that are supposed to be coming this July:eek:

I'll believe the 2-stroke Husaberg when I see it. Those guys live and breathe thumpers so I can't see why they'd make a two-stroke when they're owned by KTM who is predominantly a two-stroke company.

If KTM makes an off-road version of that 350 I might have to reconsider that orange colour...

I think I believe the 2t Husaberg chatter. Nothing on their site, but it would make sense for KTM to try that funky tilted engine and injection on a more expendable, exotic brand than risk their own reputation. I hope it's true. They could still be four stroke force and make two stroke bikes. I'd still buy one. If the marketing brains think it will sell, they would likely build it.

I wonder how difficult it would be to get some lights on that thing .. head light and a tail/brake light is all you need to get a plate on a dirtbike in NH.

I wonder how difficult it would be to get some lights on that thing .. head light and a tail/brake light is all you need to get a plate on a dirtbike in NH.

Just wait for the off road version with hopefully a 6 speed tranny. You will most likely end up with PDS on the off road vs. linkage for the MX though:mad: .

Now I'll bet this new 350 starts showing up in GNCC and national enduros as soon as it's released to the public. Tank size may be a problem initially but hey, it's a KTM and the aftermarket will have an oversize one available in short order I'm sure.

most of my riding is in 2nd and 3rd gear .....
and if you convert the sx ... you'd get the linkage ....
no pds!!

we'll see .... I'm still messing with the 144

So......2nd moto holeshot and wire to wire win for Alessi on the new 350 at the Hangtown national opener. I'd say it's plenty competitive with the 450's.

I'll bet the big 4 are pissed, especiall after on the podium Alessi said everyone should buy the new 350.

Saw that too . Wasn't even close in the second moto.

Reed did a good job working his way thru the pack after the bad stat in the second moto.

On any given day . THe First Moto was a walk away by Chad Reed I hear (I missed that one) so many things can change the outcome ,more so than what bike you ride.

I like the kid, however it seems like he can holeshot just about any bike, he can get a big lead, then it seems like he can choke.....the pack closes in on him and it's all over with.......it happend last year and Chad finished it up!

No doudt, the 350 seemed like it the power, but it was Hangtown, it is not the "Wick" and all that deep sand....... or any of the other East Coast tracks......just wait until they get to Lakewood, CO...that thin air my be a great equalizer as well!

USGP will also be a good test at Glen Helen with all those monster hills!

Back