KYB SSS Forks! plus...

redrider

I have a set of practically new 2012 YZ450F KYB SSS Forks plus the "Braking" brake carrier, new fork guards, wheel spacers, 450 front axle and the brake caliper that came with the forks. Intended to set these up on my Beta but I'm happy with the forks on it now so I'm selling these at a loss to someone who wants to do the conversion.
Forks currently valved for 185-190lb B/A woods rider. (contact Steve Beane "twowheels" as he did the work if you want to know exactly what was done).
The forks have 0 hours on them since service and set up.
I paid $800 for the forks and >$400 to set them up for the swap. $950 for all I have.
Not interested in taking any bigger loss on these since for a few dollars more I can mount them on my 2011 GG 250.
You will need a WR axle and different spacers as the ones in the last photo are for a Beta.

Thanks,
Walt
540-308-3355 cell call or text

Last edited:
kyb ss forks

What would I need to complete the install on my 2012 xc300? do I NEED A WHEEL? OR CALIPER,ETC?

You'd need a WR450F axle, and a set of spacers made up (Steve twowheels has the size specs).

The braking caliper carrier will move over and work without any shimming. If you run a speedo you'll need to make arrangements for that - I drilled and tapped.

From the pic it appears you may also need the hardware to secure the brake line on the plastic shroud.

Have a look at my thread. Basically did the exact same with 2012 model YZ250F forks. They will drop into the stock triple clamps. It does change the geometry of the bike (total offset reduced due to a shorter lug) which makes the steering feel a bit heavier at the bars, and a bit more precise once you've initiated a turn. I don't find this bad though.. just different.

I just use zip ties to hold my brake line to the lower fork guard. I considered getting the yamaha bracket, but as i have 2011 plastics the brake line runs behind the headlight so i wanted to try and keep it close to the fork

Mine are on a 2013 Matt, runs behind the headlight too. Good to hear yours works well without the bracket. I had to add some tape around the brake line to make it thick enough to clamp on with the bracket, and then used a couple small zip ties to lock the speedo cable to the side.

If I had to complain about anything, I think mine would look better with white plastics.

You'd need a WR450F axle, and a set of spacers made up (Steve twowheels has the size specs).

The braking caliper carrier will move over and work without any shimming. If you run a speedo you'll need to make arrangements for that - I drilled and tapped.

From the pic it appears you may also need the hardware to secure the brake line on the plastic shroud.

Have a look at my thread. Basically did the exact same with 2012 model YZ250F forks. They will drop into the stock triple clamps. It does change the geometry of the bike (total offset reduced due to a shorter lug) which makes the steering feel a bit heavier at the bars, and a bit more precise once you've initiated a turn. I don't find this bad though.. just different.

Jake,
Did you ever run the KYBs on the 2010?
Walt

I haven't Walt. The old girl has been a bit neglected and not getting used as much as she deserves. I think I should find her a new home where someone will love her.

In saying that, it wouldn't take long to put the KYBs on and go for a spin. Swazi Matt is running the same setup on a 2011.

Back