Last Man Standing - GoFasters.com

MattR

Super Moderator
I'm surprised there were not more comments about this...
There was some great coverage of GoFasters on the Last Man Standing shown on SpeedTV. Most interviews with Wayne Braybrooke (sp?) took place in front of the GoFasters trailer. Very nice!!!

Regarding the riding, what did you guys think? David Knight was unbelievable! He definitely rode in a class by himself. Wayne Braybrooke did a fantastic job and his commentary was excellent. It really made you feel how extreme that event was. IMHO, I thought the 2005 coverage was slightly better. The camera angles used in the 2006 event seemed to be from the top of obstacles. You didn't get to "feel" the height/challenge from that view point. In 2005, they shot upwards on obstacles like Joshua Tree, etc... which made it seem more impressive. Anyways, I really enjoyed the TV coverage regardless. Also, it was nice to see GasGas get a lot of exposure that they deserve.

That is very cool. I wish I could have seen it, but unfortunately I don't get SpeedTV.

Wayne seems like a good guy. He admitted he can't hang with Knight but wants to be out there to "keep him honest". Said it was the hardest thing he'd ever done. He also mentioned that Knight rides full time. Braybrook runs a buisiness full time.
There was at least one spot that even David Knight couldn't ride. They showed him lifting the bike up onto some ledge. Picture lifting your bike onto a flatbed pickup by yourself.

Last edited:
Apparently the toughest spot was within the first 5 miles of the start. Knight and Guy Cooper worked together to get each other over it.
I wonder if this is it ?

Attachments

• LMS-8.jpg
    LMS-8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 50
18 Year Old Cory Graffunder,who Lives Just Up The Road From My Home Town,made A Fabulous Showing By Coming In 4th. Watch This Guy In The Coming Years,if He Is This Good At 18,think How He Will Be When He Gets A Few Years Of Racing Under His Belt!

18 Year Old Cory Graffunder,who Lives Just Up The Road From My Home Town,made A Fabulous Showing By Coming In 4th. Watch This Guy In The Coming Years,if He Is This Good At 18,think How He Will Be When He Gets A Few Years Of Racing Under His Belt!

He is defiantly one to watch. I have seen him up close blowing by me in several race's at Hannegan speedway. Hannegan is a venue for a couple rounds of the NMA Off-Road series and is located in Bellingham Washington for those that don't know.
It was cool to also see works womans champion and local Washington racer Maria Forsberg as the only woman contestant.
It also looked like but I'm not positive if local off-road legend Kevin Bailey was in attendance.

Many of Canada's and America's newest hero's come from this corner of the world, Ricky Dietrich and Paul Neff also cut there teeth in this area. These are a couple of guys that are also incredible to watch wile racing the same course!

The other day I was making myself a DVD copy of LMS and I accidentally made a few extra copies.
;)
Hmmm.....I wonder what I should do with these?
;)
If anybody has any ideas please PM me.
;);)

Apparently the toughest spot was within the first 5 miles of the start. Knight and Guy Cooper worked together to get each other over it.
I wonder if this is it ?

That's insane. Anyone even thinking about entering the LMS deserves some serious respect. They're all very talented riders.

And I have to mention Cory Graffunder too, seeing as I've watched him blow by me at quite a few races. Congrats Cory and keep up to good work!

Yahooooo! I just called Mark and he is gonna send one with my order! I was already to watch LSMS on the speed channel on Jan. 16 and it never showed. Then I happened to switch channel the other day and only caught the last minute or so!:confused: Now I'm a happy camper. Thankyou very much Steve!

The other day I was making myself a DVD copy of LMS and I accidentally made a few extra copies.
;)
Hmmm.....I wonder what I should do with these?

That's a very kind offer Steve. I would normally be begging for one, but I got a DVR this past year and already have a copy for myself. Perhaps you could make up some sort of competition for the remaining copies??? For example, a photo competition using a LMS picture and favorite caption.

The LMS video is pretty good. I'm a little dissapointed that it turned out to be a 60 minute KTM and Cristini / Honda ad.

The production people got a little star stuck by Knight and Cooper and didn't spend enough time on the other top finishers.

It's kinda funny when all they can talk about was the Cristini 2-wheel drive motorcycle that Aaron rode, but they didn't bring up the fact that in typical Honda 4-Stroke fashion the valves tightened up and it refused to start during the second moto.

Speaking of videos we're also taking pre-orders for IGNITION3's 2006 ISDE DVD video. I had the pleasure of working with Dick Lague and Joe Bonello on this in New Zealand and the photography on that video looks great.

Here is a YouTube link to that video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjUrsYGSCYk

It sounds like it will be a 2 disc set with a lot of extra features.

Last edited:
Retail is 29.95.

There is supposed to be one disc with about 80 to 90 minutes of ISDE coverage and a special feature disc with outakes etc.

From what i've seen so far it is their (IGNITION3) best ISDE video. They did their first one in 2002.

A couple N.E. guys went to watch and took this pic of the finishers.

60.jpg

There seems to be clear advantage to first place over second place!

This photo was taken by some of the members of MVTR from NH.

60.jpg

Back